Monday, July 27, 2009

Inspired by Lisa Stenz!

I just had to try it! This card was designed by Lisa Stenz and has inspired all the best artists I know! I couldn't resist giving it a go myself! The coolest trick about the flair stamped image is that it's white embossed on baby pink cardstock. What that means is that even people like me who can't color inside the lines, can color this image! Yippee!!

You won't believe it, but I've been to the dentist again today! It went much better than expected (but again, I have such a horror about dentists - my expectations are not good!). I'm planning to go for a peach milkshake in a little while - doesn't that sound cool and refreshing? Just waiting for my mouth to wake up enough that I won't be wearing the milkshake down the front of my t-shirt! ;-)

Have I told you recently how much I cherish your sweet comments?! You guys ROCK! (and no, I did not have any funny gas at the dentist)

7 comments:

Lisa Stenz said...

Hi Sharli. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog. I am thrilled that you liked my card enough to make one yourself. I love that you and Kathi used white embossing powder on pink cardstock instead of using the clear powder on white cardstock like I did and then sponging pink ink on top. Your way seems much faster and easier, and the results look great! *Ü*

BTW, I totally know what you mean about the dentist. I would rather have a broken arm than have to go to the dentist. LOL! I never have a good experience when I go. Maybe next time I will have to try a peach milkshake after. That might help! Enjoy yours!

Kathi Carlson said...

Great card, Sharlie! Isn't it a fun one? Oh, and I see Lisa straightened you out on the directions.Until she commented on my card, I actually thought I'd done it right. LOL. It's OK though. The end result is very similar and my/our way might be a smidgen easier.

With a hyper sensitive mouth that requires multiple shots of novocaine, I would rather do just about anything other than go to a dentist. I hope your numbness has worn off enough for you to fully enjoy the peach milkshake. It doesn't sound like anything one would want to waste ... or wear! Enjoy the evening!!

Alanna said...

Beautiful card Sharli. I'm totally loving it. I saw Lisa's as well as another one or two that Lisa inspired.

Here's hoping that your dentist trips are over for the time being. I hope you enjoyed your peach milkshake. Sounds yummy.

Kris said...

Beautiful card! I too always find Lisa's cards inspiring.

It seems like everyone I talk to went to the dentist today, me included. I'm currently on a strict ice pack regimen of 15 min on, 15 min off for the next 4 hours!!! It's very inconvenient.

Unknown said...

Your pretty embossed card reminds me of a strawberry milkshake! Keep those creative juices flowing--your artwork is awesome no matter who inspires you--and I hope and pray you are done with the dentist for a long, long time!

Leslie said...

Love the card Sharli. I am really sorry I read about that milkshake. Sounds yummy. I avoid the dentist and my husband and my upline make teeth for a living. I was a dental assistant and an orthodontic assistant BC.

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful card, Sharli. I love the colors. It's got "flair!" LOL

I'm sorry you had to go to the dentist yet again! Let's hope that is your last visit for awhile, although the promise of a milkshake might be just the ticket to make is less daunting. LOL