Monday, July 13, 2009

Christmas in July

I've been noticing that LOTS of people have posted a Christmas card lately. Ok, I'll share one, too! This started with my attempt to learn how to do "Ghosting" (explained in detail in the new Close-to-My-Heart book Wishes). I wanted to learn the technique well enough to teach it this month when my Open Stamping friends come over. I found two images that would work in my stamp drawer and tried them both. I LOVE the results! This one was clear embossed on white cardstock, then sponged over with Garden Green, then a scrap piece of cardstock layed over the image and you hit it rub over the scrap with a hot iron. When you lift the scrap piece off, the embossing comes with it. Pretty cool, huh!

NOTE: I'm STILL trying to tell IONA that I can't post any comments to her blog - it's all wonky!!!

8 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Love this, Sharli! That's a great stamp set, and the papers you used are perfect. I need to take a better look at that "Wishes" book!! I'm missing stuff. Years ago, I did something with clear EP and an iron to create a batik look. Can't remember tho. LOL.

I emailed Iona after trying to leave a comment on her blog. Have been having trouble leaving posts on other blogs, too, which makes me wonder if it's a Blogger thing.

Anonymous said...

Sharli and Kathi I sure hope this doesn't last long. I don't know what is different now than about a week ago as that is when it all happened I think. Weird and I don't know what has changed...maybe I will look into the settings. Maybe I changed something by mistake.

Anyway I love your ghosting card. I want to get the Wishes book but find funds limited. Might be getting it soon, but have to be sure there isn't anything else I need first.

I jut see so many incredible cards coming out of Wishes I still might have to get it LOL.

Thanks all and I finally checked my gmail hehe...will have to put that on my daily to do list as I completely forgot about it...doh!

Thanks again and I now have to figure out what is going on with my blog...hugs!!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Your technique looks wonderful. Hope your friend is able to get the problem fixed. I found out there's a bug in my Live Writer program and it isn't fixable, so I have to wait for a new release to use it...whenever THAT may be. LOL

Anonymous said...

Christmas in July! Sounds crazy but I'm already working on mine too!

AaronB said...

Great card! Always loved that stamp!

Deb Neerman said...

Oh, can I come over for your Open Stampin'?!? Then you could teach me how to do this fabulous technique!!! This card is sooooooooooo cool, I jess love it!

Unknown said...

Awesome card, Sharli--I haven't been brave enough to try ghosting yet, but maybe this weekend. It looks so great with the stamp set and Evensong papers. Dontcha just love Christmas in July? TFS!

Lori said...

Sharli, What a beautiful card. It looks difficult to make. Wish that I could come to your workshop. I have the Wishes book and stamp and will have to give it a try.