Sunday, July 5, 2009

What a Wonderful Holiday!

I was invited to my friend Pam's "cabin" for the 4th of July weekend. It was absolutely delightful! The local Chamber of Commerce put on the best fireworks display I've ever seen in my life. Did you notice that they have new colors this year??? I spotted orange and lavender as well as pink and pastel green. The other amazing colors were there as well. It was 40 solid minutes of display - it was in a very comfortable setting (a natural amphitheater and grassy lawns). The weather was beautiful, the kettle corn was perfect (the best ever, again!) Absolutely fabulous!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend, too. My friend Pam and I watched a parade, and browsed the antique shops, ate at the local restaurants, and did our best to support the local scrapbook store (LOL) then we spent a lot of time playing with our scrapping supplies at the "cabin". I'm sharing one of the cards that Pam made (hope she doesn't mind - but it is just so pretty!). I'll have more to share this week as I found my mojo in the mountains . . . I guess it just ran off ahead of me!

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Pam's card is great. Love the sentiment.

Sounds like you had the perfect weekend! Good for you!!! Have a great week, too!

Jeanne said...

What a lovely weekend you had! I'm so happy for you. It's good to get away and recharge. Pam's card is a perfect one for remembering what it's all about. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Great card with such a special sentiment! I'm so glad you caught up with your mojo! Love your fireworks foto too!

Julia Aston said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful 4th - those fireworks look super - how nice you had a perfect vantage point!