Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another weekly planner page - NASA

The week of July 20th we celebrated a 40 year anniversary of the historic landing of US Astronauts on the moon! The same week I received a gift from a colleague of a dozen fabulous photos from the Endeavour launch on 7/15. I decided this was the page for the weekly planner - I would just "nudge" the Harry Potter movie into the next week! (my weeks run Sunday - Sat).

Not much to say about the page - lots of matting, incredible photos (again, not mine but don't I wish!) and a little tag tucked behind one of the photos. I chose the page colors just to enhance the photos - no theme there.

It's been a difficult week. I don't want to be melodramatic, but my car is dying. Chloe has been my dear friend for almost 8 years and she is truly not doing well at all! Last week the repairs were over $900, this week the estimate was $800. She peed all over the garage floor!!! I did a McGyver fix and am shopping for a new car. That has been painful - because I really only want Chloe to be whole and new again. And I know that I can't get another VW after all the problems I've had with this one. It would just be silly. I may be an emotional woman, but I'm not stupid.

So - hang in there with me. I'm car shopping - that won't leave much time for scrapping. I'm trying to be my cheery self - but my heart is broken.

6 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Your planner page is gorgeous! How fun to receive those great photos.

I am so sorry about Chloe. Such a bummer. About 20 years ago, Marv took the boys and their cousins to Winnipeg for a hockey game on Dec.26th. On the way home, the engine blew up. The car was five weeks out of warranty. When he called, I was sick.... literally. The timing could not have been worse. My love for that particular vehicle (pretty as she was) dissipated very quickly. To your advantage, there are some good deals out there right now. Good luck. I'll be thinking about you!!!

Nancy Ball said...

Oh the car whoes and blues, good luck on finding a new one!

Your blog and artwork are great, Sharli. Thank you for always posting comments on my blog. I really appreciate it and look forward to reading them!

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Chloe, isn't it funny how attached we can be to a car?

It is hard to find a new friend to share the road with, cars can be such extensions of our personalities. You and Chloe had some great times and you know there are lots more adventures waiting down the road for you and your new wheels!

Good luck, I know you will find a good match!
Sheri

Jeanne said...

What a great planner page! I have to share that Steve got to meet some astronauts at work on Wednesday. They were the ones who worked on fixing the Hubble. To say he was excited is an understatement! LOL

I'm so sorry to hear about Chloe! She's been a grand friend to you, I'm sure, but I'm equally sure you wouldn't want her to suffer, right? Here's hoping you find a great new friend to share adventures with. No one can replace your Chloe, but you can be open to new friends!

Alanna said...

What great pictures. Your planner certainly is coming along.

I'm so sorry to hear about Chloe. It's hard when you get attached to something. I hope you can find something right up your alley while shopping.

Pandascrapper said...

I missed this blog and when I was reading your comment on Kathi Carlson's blog I had to check and see what happened to Chloe. So sorry to hear she is not well. Can you get in on that clunker deal? Happy hunting.