Thursday, July 16, 2009

4th of July Scrapbook page

Well, actually, my weekly planner page. I think I already posted how much fun we had that night - and possibly how it was my first time to photograph fireworks. I used the Route 66 papers because that just seems so "American" to me - perhaps because I live out "west". The best part about this planner has been that I have scrapped one page a week (except for one) since the beginning of the year. That's really quite an achievement! I love remembering the year this way - and it will be so much fun on New Year's Eve when my family tradition is to sit down and create a "thankful" list of what's happened during the year.

Today was a good day at work, busy, and interesting. Can't ask for more than that! Hope you had a wonderful day, too, and found some moments to play.

8 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Wow! Great page AND photos. I have never successfully photographed fireworks.

Oh, and I love your New Year's Eve tradition. What a great way to end one year and begin a new one - with a heart full of gratitude!

In advance, Happy Friday!

Deb Neerman said...

Wonderful LO, Sharli, and your photos are awesome! It is sooooooo difficult to photograph at night much less capture fireworks ... wow, I'm impressed!!!

Latisha said...

What a beautiful page! Your pictures are just wonderful!
thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
hugs
Latisha

Laurel said...

Wow, fabulous pictures and what a great page!

Jeanne said...

Wow! Love this! The pictures are great and your tradition is wonderful. Thanks ever so much for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and great page! Sharli you are an inspiration to document the big and little things each week that make up a year in the life----
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Sharli, your attitude of gratitude just overflows to the rest of us. Thanks! The layout is beautiful--I need some tips on taking good fireworks shots!

Alanna said...

Gorgeous page Sharli. Your fireworks really light up the page and look fabulous.

Have a great weekend.