Sunday, July 12, 2009

Randall House Lunch

It has been so good to spend time in the craft room this weekend! I nearly got caught up on my weekly planner pages (only one week behind now)! This one was fun - I used a piece of design paper from the Close-to-My- Heart Emporium paper pack for the base and added to it from the little square pad I've been playing with from Basic Grey (Prairie something).

I saw David at church this morning! He's looking thin, but good! His cousin is in town helping him, which is a blessing! I know he will gain strength quickly - he is SO determined!! I launched the Outreach Back-to-School project the weekend before the holiday and this weekend was VERY busy checking items back in and organizing the remaining "wish lists". My church family has provided the most adorable backpacks, fun notebooks and pencils, brand new boxes of crayons (that was always a BIG DEAL for me, personally!). I love coordinating this project because it is so dear to my heart. We'll have adopted 30 this year - which is truly a feat in such a bad economy. But the need is greater than ever and people are cleaning coins out from under the car seats to help us!

Have a wonderful week! {{{{ HUGS! }}}}

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Your planner page is beautiful, and yes, happiness is friends (including the cyber kind!). I love how you combined the CTMH paper with Basic Grey.

Again, I'm glad to hear that David is doing well. I pray that his determination (and the prayers of his friends) see him through.

Last, but not least, your back-to-school project is so cool. I'd love to see the looks on the kids' faces. The world is a better place because of people like you...

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE this, Sharli!

Unknown said...

You're an inspiration--wonderful layout, great news about David (thank God), and what an awesome project you led. So many will be blessed! Love that Emporium paper! Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog posts. Happy new week! :D

Jeanne said...

The page is beautiful! Looks like a lovely place to have lunch and enjoy friendships. Wonderful update about David, will keep him in my thoughts that his recovery continues well. And your project sounds fabulous. Like Kathi said, the world is truly a better place because of your generosity.

Have a wonderful week!