Friday, July 24, 2009

It's a Zoo

This was a fun card! I used the elephant from the It's a Zoo! stamp set (Close to My Heart) and stamped it onto the back of design paper. I stamped the "ear" part onto a scrap of another color and cut them out. Itsy-bitsy black brads for the eyes, buttons for the wheels, hemp for the tails, the papers on the background were the leaf pattern from Unforgettable and a brown spotted one from Bella. Natural twill stamped with the sentiment from Treetops. The elephants themselves were scraps from a Basic Gray pack (Urban Prairie).

I'm home early today! Yippee!! I had a meeting that was held at a facility 1/4 mile from my house! We were done at 3:15 PM so it just didn't make sense to drive 25 miles back to work to be there for 30 minutes and then go home. It's a small gift - but I'm thrilled for the little bonus time! I've got to get my house cleaned up because my friends are coming Sunday for Open Stamping! I also have plans to see the new Harry Potter movie tomorrow so (in my typical, overly organized way) I've scheduled out what has to get done in order to get to do both things! There may not be a lot of time for stamping - but there's always hope. Happy Friday!

7 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Fun card is right! Love everything about it. I especially admire your ability to mix about papers from different "sets" and companies and make them look so good together!

Congratulations on your early arrival at home! I, for one, understand how much that little bit of extra time means. As for your organizational skills, would you be my life coach? LOL. Another thing about you I admire! Have a great weekend, friend!

Alanna said...

This is such a cute card. I love those little elephants and the buttons.

How fun that you got to leave work a bit early. We get out an hour earlier on Friday's during the summer. Like you said, it's not a huge thing but I'll definitely take it.

Have fun at Harry Potter. I've heard that it's fabulous.

Unknown said...

What a darling parade of elephants you created! Let us all know how you liked the new HP movie! Happy weekend stamping with friends!

Lori said...

What an adorable card. I would never have geussed that you used the Zoo set. Love it. I know the feeling of getting to leave early. Glad that you got to enjoy it.

Jeanne said...

What a happy Friday you had! Getting home early is always good!

Your card is adorable, I like how you mixed and matched so wonderfully.

Hope you enjoy the movie and time with your friends.

I keep hoping to get more organized. Guess I should quit hoping and just do it, huh? LOL You could post about things you do to be so organized!

Scossie Jane said...

Sharli, you're elephants are adorable, too cute xx

Dee Jackson said...

This is just the cutest card!! I collect elephants and this really made me smile:)