Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More Basic Grey scraps!


More of the weekend creations with my bag-o-scraps from the Basic Grey workshop. Clearly I was on a roll with the diagonal theme here!!! (giggle) I had two pieces of paper that were roughly 5x5 and wanted to make two cards. One was patterned and the other mostly plain (just distressed). SO - you can see what happened. I like them both, actually. I think it's funny that I oriented them the same way - it hadn't started out that way - in fact, it wasn't until Sunday night when I was home with my stamp sets that I actually put them together. I guess I like the diagonal moving "UP"! Does that make me an optimist?

Yoga was wonderful tonight. I've missed a couple of classes and really, truly needed this class. I feel much better. My yoga mat is in the washing machine (that's why I had time to post) because it smells like a dirty gym floor. One of the summertime challenges here in the desert.

Have a great Wednesday and I'll post more weekend retreat works of art tomorrow!

5 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Another pair of gorgeous cards, Sharli! Those patterns must have come out prior to my falling in love with Basic Grey. They certainly are pretty! It's been a lot of years since I've smelled a dirty gym floor. Nevertheless, your mention of it brought back some memories. There's really no smell like it. You have a good Wednesday, too!!

Jeanne said...

Great cards, Sharli! You sure are on a roll with your scraps.

I'm glad you got to do your Yoga! I haven't been in gym for so long, I'd pretty much forgotten that smell, but you brought it all back. Thanks! LOL

Lori said...

Love your cards.

Unknown said...

You're a card-making machine, Sharli! Yes, you are an optimist. Love the card colors/designs!

Alanna said...

These are both so pretty Sharli. Gorgeous paper.