Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hello!

Hello! Hope this card and post finds you enjoying beautiful spring weather, end of the school year, or perhaps just the longer daylight hours! This card was in response to one of those challenge templates (weeks ago and I forget where!). I really like how it turned out. It didn't thrill me at first - but it's "grown" on me (cards do that sometimes if you sit still . . .) LOL

The details . . . hmmm. The kraft cardstock base piece is from Jillibean. The other papers are all Close-to-My-Heart as well as the sentiment stamp. The flower/vase is from PTI the Nina Brackett Lovely Shelf stamp set. (wow, quite a mixture there!).

I've been meditating - and I LOVE it! Sunday morning didn't go very well - I couldn't stop thinking about all the things I wanted to do that day - but I found that I can relax and meditate easily in the evening. So, for me it will be evenings now. Last night I had 15 minutes and stood up so refreshed! Tonight I went to my 90 minute Yoga practice - getting home at 8:45 and fixing dinner, etc. so no time for a meditation practice tonight. I'll pick it up again tomorrow.

My SIL is still making progress. I know words can't express adequately how much your sweet comments, words of encouragement, expressions of concern, and your prayers have meant to me these past few months. You are all blessings from God. Thank you. If there has been a life-lesson for me in this whole situation it is that we are not in this boat alone - we are loved by people we don't even know, and it does matter.

Namaste.

10 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

While it may have had to grow on you, it was love at first site for me. Your card is amazing. I love the colors and, of course, that vase of flowers.

I'm so glad to hear your SIL is making progress, and agree with your sentiments about being loved and the fact that it matters.

Hope your Wednesday is wonderful!

Laurel said...

It is beautiful!

Jeanne said...

Lovely card and an inspiring post. Love your upbeat attitude, Sharli! So happy to hear about your sil continuing to make progress.

Alanna said...

Your card is gorgeous and I agree with Kathi, love at first sight.

Glad to hear progress is still being made with your SIL.

Scossie Jane said...

Yep, love at first sight for me too - love the vase of flowers and the colouring - nice one Sharli xx

Lori said...

Love at first sight for me too. Love that little vase. It is so delicate.

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty flower stamp Sharli! love the design on this card and the wonderful colors!

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE this Sharli! A great sketch and a gorgeous stamp!!

So glad to hear that your SIL continues to improve ... will be keeping both of you in my prayers!

Karen B. said...

Very clever of you to pull out patterned paper to match your flowers, or vise versa-I have a difficult time with patterns and its great to see how other people use them. Lovey visual triangle you've created as well.

Unknown said...

Sharli, I love your color & paper combos! And I especially am loving your stitching details. Great design!