Sunday, May 16, 2010

Waltzingmouse Roses

I just love the Waltzingmouse Stamps - Claire Brennan is a genius! This card was inspired by MANY cards that I spied on the March Blog-waltz. I wanted this set before it was released; but kept telling myself "no" until I was finally overcome and just gave up. Then, the volcano in Iceland erupted and my beautiful stamp set took another 5 weeks to arrive!!! Please - don't hold that against Claire - she was just as anxious about the deliveries as I was!

The details - hmmm. The little green dots are a design paper from the Magic Moments pack, the purple dots from the You Rock pack, and the lighter purple is from Bella - all Close-to-My-Heart papers. The green lace was a piece I found at Joann's in the scrap bin. I {Heart} that color - and was hoarding it for just the right card. My leaves were stamped on the design paper, then glued to a scrap of cardstock so I could cut them out together. Having the cardstock gives it enough "umph" to be able to shape the leaf a bit. I like the effect.

Yesterday was so busy, but very productive and rewarding. I started my day with some small chores, then went to Yoga class. I'm used to doing Yoga in the evening - but it's a nice way to begin your day as well. Today I've got another huge list of chores, but hope to squeak a couple of hours in the craft room. How's your weekend going??

Namaste.

11 comments:

Laurel said...

So beautiful!

stampmonkey said...

Hi, Sharli! ;)

Your card is beautiful...like they always are! I don't have time to comment on the posts I've missed since my last visit, but I scrolled and skimmed through many of them. I thought your grad card was really creative, and I absolutely fell in LOVE with the cards you made with the Hero Arts Poppy stamp (you do a wonderful job with the resist technique)!

I was also so sorry to read that your poor SIL is still so very sick --I was so hoping for a good report. She's still in my prayers, as are you. Glad you have your yoga and hope you're taking good care of yourself in other areas too.

blessings,
Christi

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh, so pretty, Sharli! I have a hankering for Walzingmouse stamps, too. Funny that we both had stamps delayed by the volcanic ash situation. Most of the stuff that goes on in Europe does not affect us so directly. LOL.

I hope you have a great week, friend!

Julia Aston said...

Nice paper piecing with this lovely flower Sharli! love the colors and that pretty lace!

Jeanne said...

Wonderful card, Sharli! The paper piecing is so pretty! One cannot hold any delay in delivery against Claire that was a completely unforeseen event!

Sounds like you had a wonderfully productive weekend as well. Hope you were able to knock off some more chores!

Have a great start to your week, too! Hugs!

Scossie Jane said...

Great card Sharli, love the colour combo, that piece of lace is a gorgeous colour...

((((Hugs))))

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, this is so pretty, Sharli! I can see why you HAD to have that stamp .. I'm tempted now, too, lolol!

Nancy said...

This is truly stunning, Sharli! Love the paper piecing and colour combo.

Unknown said...

Oooolala, Sharli, I'm lovin' the lace on your card! Cute stamp too! I wish I had a tenth of your commitment to yoga--gotta get with the program here. Have a great new week!

Carly said...

So perfectly pretty! And I know it's a killer waiting for the stamps to come but it is so worth it! Don't you just love that set!

Alanna said...

I totally see why you needed this stamp set. It is simply amazing.