Monday, May 17, 2010

Roses in Bloom

My card was cased from this one by Belinda Chang here. In fact, it was Belinda's card that pushed me off the cliff and MADE me buy the Waltzingmouse Stamps Roses in Bloom set. I loved her card enough that I actually re-named the photo when I tucked it into my folder so I'd know where to give credit for the inspiration! I know I'll be having a LOT of fun with this stamp set - it's so-o-o pretty!

I had such a perfect weekend! I had a "to-do" list a mile long and I did everything on the list with only one exception! Ironing - how ironic (giggle). I haven't ironed in many, many years. In fact, we had to hunt for the iron when I wanted to do the "ghosting technique" last summer. Recently, I caved and bought three beautiful cotton shells that I can wear to work with my suits - and guess what . . . they have to be "ironed"! (rolling my eyes) Well - it was fun wearing them once! LOL
No, seriously, I'll get to them.
Hopefully before summer is over!
Maybe I should see if the cleaners will do them?

Hugs!




12 comments:

Laurel said...

Gosh this is gorgeous!

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh my goodness! If I'd seen the card you cased I'd probably have to own that stamp set, too. Your card is beautiful, Sharli. Gorgeous!!

I have way too many clothing items that require ironing. Let's just say I don't wear them very often. I spent hours and hours ironing when I was a child. The only thing that was good about it was that I could watch television while doing it. No steam irons back then. The clothes were sprinkled, or we used press clothes. A family of nine with live-in help (who didn't iron). A never ending pile of ironing.

You really got me going there. LOL. I'm glad you had a good weekend and hope the whole week is that way. Take care, sweet friend!

Pauline said...

Just beautiful, love the white on kraft look, a really elegant card. Pauline x

Jeanne said...

Absolutely beautiful, Sharli! Love the white against the kraft color. It's no wonder you fell in love with that stamp.

Giggled at your ironing story. (And felt for Kathi, having to iron for 9). I don't own too many clothes that require ironing. I pass them up at the store! That being said, the crochet trimmed clothes I've picked up recently need to be hand washed, which hasn't been done recently. LOL I'll get to it when you get to your ironing. LOL

PS while the skating rink said they carried the right length laces, when I got there guess which length they didn't have in stock? sigh...

Alanna said...

WOW Sharli, this is amazing. I absolutely love it.

Scossie Jane said...

A stunning card Sharli, the white against the kraft is really striking - very nicely done gf xx

Helen Berry said...

Oh my gosh - this is beautiful. I love love the white with the Kraft card. So sophisticated x

Carolyn said...

Love this! So pretty!!

Genevieve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

Love the roses in bloom. great card. Thanks for all the sweet comments. I love when you visit my blog. Thanks

Deb Neerman said...

Sharli, this is stunning! WoW! I can see why you succumbed to THIS set ... this stamp is fabulous!!

Iron? What's an "iron?" Is that a craft object?!? Oh. Wait! It's for ribbon, right?!?

Sending hugs!!

Curt in Indy said...

I love Claire's stamps. She is so talented. You did them proud with this card. You made me laugh out loud with your ironing story. When I was working, I ironed my dress shirts every morning! It was just my morning routine. Now that I'm a stay at home care giver, I certainly don't miss that chore! Best, Curt