Monday, May 3, 2010

Technique Page for Sunday's Open Stamping - May

I finally remembered to photograph the technique for last Sunday's Open Stamping! We were actually practicing several things here . . . The pattern on the flower box and "curtain" were 1st and 2nd generation, using the paper crimper (a tool I actually love but hardly ever use) and making the MOST out of Close-to-My-Heart's two sided papers! Don't you love how I demonstrated how to crimp your paper crooked?!

Today was very busy! Oh my. After work I rushed to the Honda dealer to have Keiko's oil changed (her computer was telling me to "go, go now!") then I drove into Phoenix to see my SIL. I came home with a card design burning a hole through my brain - so I sat down and played for over an hour. I'll post those photos later this week but let me tell you, I'm happy. I don't get "hit upside the head" with inspiration very often, but I'm glad it happens sometimes!!!

I'm planning to go to Yoga tomorrow evening. I haven't been since week-ago-Friday and my body (and mind) are telling me that I need to go.

Hope your week is off to a good start -
Hugs!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh this is so cute! love the shutters.

Jeanne said...

Great card, Sharli! I think the shutters look terrific, as does the rest of the card.

LOL at your reference to being slapped upside the head with inspiration. Can't wait to see the result of that!

Sounds like you had a good productive time after work, too. Hope SIL is still recovering well!

Kathi Carlson said...

Love your card, Sharli! The shutters are so cute. Everything is cute.

Have a great day!

Deb Neerman said...

What a fabulously creative card, Sharli! Love your darlin' l'il shutters and that super-cute flower box!