Thursday, May 20, 2010

I want MORE roses!


You see, there were SO many examples of how to use this stamp set that I actually thought that even I could handle - that I simply HAD to get it! Isn't this one just lovely??? This one (Laurie Schmidlin) inspired me, too!

Today was a strange day at work - I have been tested and told that I "don't have allergies" but my eyes were "wicked itchy" today - and I went through two individual size bottles of sterile eye drops in about 2 hours. I'm going to bed early just to close them for awhile and avoid the pain. If it's not "all-better" in the morning then I'll go to the doctor, guess it could be an infection or something awful. I don't want to mess around with an eye infection!

I do have a little "good news" to share - I have to add that I'm a little reluctant to celebrate the news because we've had so many set-backs . . . but here goes: my SIL is off dialysis and "making her own" today - and she's starting to wean off the ventilator, too.

Hugs!

15 comments:

Carla said...

Good news about your SIL - happy to hear it!!

This card is gorgeous! Love it!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is beautiful, Sharli! You are really getting your money's worth out of THIS set of stamps! Can't wait to see what you're goin' to do with it next!

Sooooo glad to hear that your SIL is doing so well ... that's wonderful news!

Have a great weekend, Sweetie, and make sure you get your eyes checked soon. Your vision is too important to fool around with, kwim?!? Keep me posted on this, okay?

Sending hugs ... and prayers!

Hetty Hall said...

Lovely card Sharli, you are so creative. Glad to hear some good news about your SIL, hugs xx

Jeanne said...

What a gorgeous card, Sharli! Love all the ideas you've been sharing with it! You are definitely getting a lot of bang for your buck!

Wonderful news about your sister-in-law. It's good to be cautiously optimistic!

I sure hope your eyes feel better soon. It's best to check them out as they are the only pair you get!

Curt in Indy said...

This is beautiful Sharli!! Love the individual panels and the stitching. That velum rose is awesome. I'm very glad to hear that you SIL is making steps forward. Every little positive is worth celebrating! Best, Curt

Curt in Indy said...

PS. . .I hope your eye problem is better. Don't mess around with waiting to see someone if it is not. Your eyes are nothing to mess with! Hope you are OK! Hugs, Curt

Scossie Jane said...

Beautiful soft card Sharli, I do love that rose, you're fair getting the mileage out of it xx

Good news about your SIL, and go and get those eyes seen to xx

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous card!
But Oh what happy good news about your SIL! :)
Prayer Changes Things!

Rachele Funk said...

WOWZA!!! Love it! Good news!!!

Karen B. said...

So beautiful and soft.

Deborah Young said...

Sharli - this is so beautiful! Glad to hear about your SIL.

Kathi Carlson said...

So very pretty, Sharli. I love the soft colors.

I hope your eyes are feeling better. In this neck of the woods, there is a lot of "stuff" in the air this year - tear-producing allergans. I had resort to waterproof mascara. LOL.

So happy to hear about your SIL. It's been a very long haul for her and those who care about her. I wish her continued improvement.

And for you, my sweet friend, I wish a wonderful Sunday! Take care.

Alanna said...

Another gorgeous card. I'm totally loving it.

Weird about your eyes. Hopefully they are feeling better now.

As for your SIL, that is the most incredible news. Will keep praying that improvement is seen each day.

Julia Aston said...

Love your card Sharli with the vellum flower - and what good news about your SIL! hope your eyes are better too!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous rose card with its special stitching! And what good news about your SIL. My prayers continue for her, and for your eyes!