Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boss's Day

Tomorrow is "Boss's Day" and I work for someone who is a nurse, although the only time of year she actually holds a shot in her hand is during vaccine season (i.e. NOW!). Most of the time she is an Administrator. And a very good one at that! I'm proud to work for her - and inspired by her example. (and I said all that with no belief that she knows about my blog, tee, hee!)

Ok, for the details - I LOVED the card that Julia posted here a week or so ago - and knew I NEEDED that stamp to create just the perfect card for Beth. So, I ordered it and was really, really lucky because it came tonight! I made this card to go with my gift (silly things - she doesn't need anything!). I'm happy with the card! It uses some of the last few scraps I have of the Close-to-My-Heart Key to My Heart special from last year. That is such pretty paper! The stamps are by Cats Pajamas (I bought the whole set about "get well" - figure I'll need it this year!).

I had the most wonderful experience last night - about once a year I'm scheduled to teach a safety class for the Spanish speaking employees at one of our campuses. This department is just amazing - they work so hard, as a real TEAM, and are so respectful of each other . . . they were attentive, had a good sense of humor, and appreciated that I was there "trying". It was one of the most rewarding hours spent. I just wanted to brag on them a moment! :-) Thanks for listening!


7 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute card! Perfect for your boss, who I'm happy to hear is a nice one!

Fun to hear about your experience/success last night, too! It's so nice to walk away from something like that feeling good.

Enjoy Friday, friend!

Deb Neerman said...

Love this, Sharli!! Gorgeous DP and that stamp is just adorable ... love her l'il nurse cap!

Hope all is well with you, Kiddo!

~Hugs, Deb

Jeanne said...

Great card and uplifting story. So glad everything worked out well for you this week. Super way to enter into the weekend.

Laurel said...

Cuuute card!

Alanna said...

What a cute card. That stamp is perfect for your boss.

Unknown said...

Your card is the cat's meow, Sharli! Cute, cute, cute! So glad your safety class went great. :)

Cibele Glazer said...

This is such a cute card and I love that stamp. Maybe because I am a cat person.