Monday, October 12, 2009

Can you have enough "thank you" cards?

Being an Episcopalian my vote is "no" you can never have enough Thank You cards! There is always someone to thank for their kindness! Most of the time a simple word is enough - but sometimes it just requires a card. I know YOU all understand ;-)

This card was completely inspired by a note I received from Keri O'Neal! Keri is the DD that the Ya-Ya Scrapbook Sisterhood moved up to Oregon last month. She was kind enough to thank me for the vacation of my lifetime (or for helping her move). Her card (I should have taken a photo of it!) was very similar but she had a brown background paper with the fleur-de-lis design. I like both of them, but I didn't have any of the brown paper so my card is blue. The cool thing that Keri did with this was to stamp the flower image on the inside of the paper envelope . . . the stamp must have been loaded with ink because the flower showed through to the front! What a pretty way to decorate the envelope!

Long work day - lots to do and more coming my way! I'm buried in end-of-year reports - working against a deadline, in fact, when my DD calls me because her boyfriend just cut himself on broken glass (long story - don't ask!). We decide nothing in a 5 minute call - I tear myself away to meet with my boss and (I learn later . . .) she takes him to the ED. Happy ending! He'll recover. WHEW!

And that, my friends, was only Monday!

6 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

You just made the prettiest card I've seen today (and if you knew how many blogs I subscribe to, you'd know I've seen quite a few. LOL).I LOVE it. The yellow, blue, and green are SO pretty together. Gorgeous.

Sounds like you had a day. I'm glad the boyfriend is OK and hope the rest of your week is smooth sailing. Take care, Sharli!

Anonymous said...

Love the card! I'm so glad that there is a happy ending for the trauma of the day! Oh, and by the way I talked to Keri today and she did very well on her first tests in anatomy and micro-anatomy! Have a great week!

Deb Neerman said...

Love this and that color combination is terrific! You sound crazy-busy ... hope things slow down for you soon!

Jeanne said...

Boy, it sure was Monday with a Vengeance! I'm sorry it was such a roller coaster of one and hopefully the rest of the week will be on more of an even keel.

The card is gorgeous! What a fantastic color combo.

And, I agree, one can't have too many thank you cards. *Ü*

Alanna said...

Gorgeous card Sharli. And I agree, you can never have too many thank you cards. I hope that you can get caught up at work and that there's no more injuries.

Unknown said...

Love the card colors & design! Thank you cards are very important to me too. So glad your DD's BF is okay!