Monday, October 19, 2009

What's a Farfar?

Farfar is a Danish word for "Father's Father" - and this handsome man is my daughter's Farfar. If you read my post from yesterday - you know I recently visited them. Telling you the story in one post, then posting the scrapbook page later is a trick I play to get you to read more posts (just kidding!)!!!

This is one of the weekly planner pages that I've been doing this year. My book is amazing! I had to split it into three volumes (maybe if I'd left off the dimensional elements? - nah!) The other day my DD was asking what date we went to the Chihuly exhibit in Phoenix together - and I started to say "I don't know" but then I remembered that I DO know - it's in my planner! It was so awesome to open to that week and remember her visit and the beautiful glass exhibit.

The layout is self-explanatory - except that I (the last person on earth) discovered lace! I found some awesome natural fiber lace in the clearance bin and put it to good use! ;-)

Namaste.

Sharli

9 comments:

Alanna said...

What a beautiful layout Sharli.

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful page of a lovely couple. That paper remains an all-time favorite of mine, and the lace is the perfect embellishment.

With my dad and father-in-law both gone, I miss having an elderly gentleman in my life. Unless I count Marv. He's 60, and he'd kill me if he knew I just said that. LOL.

Hope your day was great - the beginning of a wonderful week, friend!

Leslie said...

Beautiful layout. Love the lace. Isn't it fun.

Jamie Harder said...

Love the page!!! Pretty sure you are NOT the last person on earth to use lace:-) Looks fabulous!!!

Deb Neerman said...

This is so beautiful, Sharli! I love the L-O and this gorgeous color combination!

Anonymous said...

Sharli your page is wonderful. I need to talk to you a bit about your planner. I have been unembloyed now for over a year, but I have done some great things in that year and have forgotten dates they happened etc. Would be a great thing to have for sure. I just love it Sharli!!!

Scossie Jane said...

Beautiful, clean, elegant layout Sharli. The lace certainly adds to its beauty - nice one xx

Unknown said...

Sharli, thanks for sharing "Farfar." Beautiful planner page with the lace and the Silhouette papers! You are so inspiring. :)

Cibele Glazer said...

Not just good use...EXCELLENT use. This layout is beautiful and I don't care if you tricked me, this is the kind of trick I like. Wonderful story and I know exactly what you mean about keeping a planner (especially as I get older).