Sunday, October 4, 2009

World Card Making Day













This was my attempt at a masculine birthday card! It was for the son of a dear friend, who turned 21 (yikes!). The gift card was for coffee (not alcohol, LOL). It's all Close-to-My Heart product except the silver brads - I picked those up on a clearance table in a scrapbook store in Albuquerque, NM last summer. What you can't see is that the wavy gray piece is pop-dotted up 1/8". The paper is "Game On" and the stamps are "Happy Birthday" and "Card Commentary".

Our weekend weather has been just gorgeous! This time of year I remember why I live here. It was really fun - from 7 AM to 7 PM to be outside! I tidy-ed up the yard (raked leaves and trash from under the bushes) and watered here and there, and pulled weeds . . . it just felt good to be in the sun and fresh air and not be HOT.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend - I have more to post but will save it for tomorrow!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

very nice job on the masculine birthday card. Can't wait to see what you are posting tomorrow. I thought I would have a layout to post tonight but the camera said, nope, it didn't like the photos so it is not putting them out there. I'll try talking nice to it in the daylight.
Thanks for the good wishes.

Scossie Jane said...

Nice card Sharli, male cards are so difficult, I'm sure he will love it xx

Kathi Carlson said...

Great card, Sharli! Just right for a 21-year-old who's old enough to drink .... coffee. LOL.

Our weather has turned cold. It's supposed to get down to 30 by the end of the week, which means it could snow. I'm not ready to battle the fluffy white stuff yet. It's pretty but only in pictures. LOL.

Hope your week is a good one!! Take care.

Alanna said...

This is the perfect guy card. I'm sure he'll love it and the gift card. Enjoy your week Sharli.

Jeanne said...

What a great masculine card. They are so hard for me to create, but this one is terrific!

I'm glad you had a lovely weekend and were able to get out and enjoy it!

Julia Aston said...

Great colors for a masculine card Sharli! love the wavy lines. Your weather sounds perfect! we're starting to get the fall chill and the turning leaves - but that's lovely too!