Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sympathy

Sometimes we need a nice sympathy card. This time I didn't want it to be too "sad" looking - so I chose the pretty colors. It's still "serious" but just not too somber. In a way, I cased my own card for this one. About 3 months ago I was inspired by another artist and created this card.

Work was great today - lots to do and all very productive. My evening has flown by way too fast. Tomorrow I am thrilled to be attending a special recognition event for employees who have had the privilege of being employed at my workplace for "landmark" years. I'm in the lowest category - which might explain why I still pinch myself every day on the way to work just to be sure I'm not dreaming that I got this fantastic job! It will be nice - they always do things nice. What a great way to slide into the weekend!

Namaste.


7 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Beautiful card! I find sympathy cards the hardest to do but you've obviously mastered it!

Kathi Carlson said...

Very pretty, Sharli! I agree that sympathy cards don't always have to be so somber.

Glad to hear you had a good day. Nice to hear someone, too, who is so appreciative of her workplace.

I'm going to respond to your email, too. Thanks!!

Enjoy tomorrow, friend!!

Dawnll said...

This is such a pretty sympathy card. So nice to see that it isn't somber. Great job sweetie!

Jeanne said...

Hi Sharli,

I'm trying to catch up on my blog reading this morning and must say you have been extra creative this week. All your projects are wonderful.

I love hearing that you enjoy your job so much as well. That makes the fact that one must go every so much easier!

Hugs!

Lulu said...

Love your soft mix of papers! :) Beautiful

Curt in Indy said...

Such a beautiful card. I like how you didn't make it too sombre. What a thoughtful thing that is. I also think that the company you work for is so very fortunate to have you as an employee. Your enthusiasm is remarkable. When I was in Human Resources, I would have given anything to have employees like you. Best, Curt

Julia Aston said...

Very pretty Sharli! love the soft colors and pretty bow! We just had a similar luncheon at the hospital where I work - I got to attend for being an employee for 25 years!! now I get to go every year!