Friday, August 7, 2009

A frilly, girly card

This was inspired by someone, but I forget where I found it! I changed it quite a bit - new papers, new ribbon, new stamps. The cherries were clear buttons backed by pink pattern paper and then stickles (the clear, sparkly one) was applied over the top. Not a difficult card, but so "sweet"! The stamped images were: script writing from AirMail, circles from Connections, and "sweet" from the Solo S stamp set.

I have a new car!!! I will need to take it back for a day next week to upgrade the seats but other than that - it's mine. You would be very proud of me - I did not cry at the dealer when I had to say goodbye to Chloe. That came later, when I was alone.

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty card Sharli! love the quilt like bg panels and wonderful colors!

congrats on your new car - so tell us what you got!?!?

Jeanne said...

Oh boy this is sure pretty, girly and frilly! Love it!

Congrats on the new car. Can't wait to hear what she/he will be named and about all the fun adventures you'll share together. *Ü*

Scossie Jane said...

Beautiful card Sharli xx Congrats on the new car - what is it?

Yes, I live in Australia, though I am Scottish!! Been here for 9 years now. Thus the average temperature on Christmas Day is 38 degrees - LOVE IT!!!!!

Lori said...

Love your girly card. Congrats on the new car!!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Leslie said...

love your card with the crochet ribbon and buttons. You know Penny has a challenge on her new blog that involves buttons. You could enter it. http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/ Here is her blog address. When are you going to tell us what you are driving. You know we are all so curious. How about a photo and a name? Do you have plans for it/her/him this weekend?

Kathi Carlson said...

Love your card!! I just posted a cherry card that's not nearly as pretty and feminine as yours.

Have a great weekend!