Saturday, August 8, 2009

An Award!


I was incredibly exhausted yesterday when I was surprised with this lovely award from Laurel - I made a conscious decision to wait until I was more coherent to share it with you! Thank you, Laurel for this award, and to all of you for your support, encouragement, and for listening to me whine occasionally! My responsibility now is to reveal 5 things I enjoy doing and to share the joy.

  1. I enjoy doing things for others. I am active in my church's outreach program and we help those less fortunate than us.
  2. I love my work. Every day is something new and interesting - I feel valued and appreciated. It is another way that I give to others.
  3. I love stamping and scrapbooking! And THAT is an understatement. I think I would die without it. This "hobby" has brought me so many dear, sweet friends. They nourish my soul.
  4. I enjoy yard-work. I know that sounds crazy - but it's so much more satisfying than doing housework - where the house really doesn't look any different when you're finished. Now with yard work - the hedge is "GONE" the grass is tidy at the edges, the pine needles are all raked up, etc. etc. You can SEE an improvement! LOL
  5. I need my Yoga practice. I spend that time in movement, breath, and meditation and it keeps me grounded. When I practice regularly I am calmer, more alert and focused, and in less pain. I sleep better and am more accepting of my own faults and the faults of others. I'm not sure why it works, but it does.

No comments: