Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chocolate!

I know it's not just people at my workplace - but people ALL OVER who love CHOCOLATE! As you know, I just got a new car. A co-worker and her son helped me find a great dealership that treated me well and helped me get just the car I wanted. I figured a little chocolate was owed here!!!

I hope you've been watching Laurel's nugget posts (here) and (here) and that you were as inspired as I was?! Only one problem, I didn't have any of those nifty clear front hinged tins and I didn't want to wait to give this Thank You gift for an order to come in. So - My answer to this was a Bag-O-Chocolate!

Keiko is at the SPA getting new leather pants!!!! I'm so excited for her! I pick her up tomorrow after work, I can hardly wait to see what she looks like! (for those just joining the postings of a raving lunatic - Keiko is my new car, the "pants" are new seats.)

Have a Terrific Thursday!

6 comments:

Julia Aston said...

You got my attention quick with this title Sharli!!! what a wonderful gift for your friend!

Kathi Carlson said...

Yummy! I LOVE Nuggets. Your gift is a great way to say thanks. The bag, especially with that pretty matching ribbon, makes a very nice presentation. Sure wish you were nearby, however, as I have a whole case of those tins!

Keiko is a great name for your car. Curious about leather seats and Arizona weather. Are they hot? In Minnesota in the winter, we start our cars and warm them up before we drive them. Most of us have remote car starters. Cars are also sold with seat warmers. I don't have them in my car, but know they feel nice on the backside when it's 30 below outside. Additionally, we have block heaters and keep our cars plugged into electrical outlets when we're not driving them in the winter. The heater keeps the coolant warm making them easier (or possible) to start depending on how cold it is. I know people from the south are always curious about the power plugs that hang from our grills. I don't suppose the cars are sold with seat "coolers" down there, are they? Do you start your car to cool it off before getting into it? I'm a nosy one, aren't I? LOL. I think it's the writer in me. Always curious...

Have a great Thursday. It's getting close to Friday!! No rest for me this weekend though. Lots going on still... Ugh!

Leslie said...

There is nothing like the smell of new leather in a car, or CHOCOLATE - grins. What a nice thank you. If you ever need the recipes for those little match boxes (you know the kind that Mighty Mouse used to sleep in?) I think I have all of them on a disk somewhere.

Jeanne said...

What a yummy and thoughtful gift, Sharli! I sure appreciate your generous spirit and the recipients will as well.

Love that Keiko is enjoying some time at the Spa. LOL Gotta make her feel special so she won't get cranky on you. *Ü*

Scossie Jane said...

Hi Sharli, just managing to catch up - love the new car - Keiko - what a great name. I got a new car back in February and still haven't named it, oh well...
Love the chocolate gift bag, yummy, yummy....

Laurel said...

Wow, fabulous, what a great gift! That's a lot of wrapping!