Monday, August 24, 2009

Still thinking about Christmas . . .???

This card tried really, really hard to be a Christmas card - but it came out to be a Valentine instead! LOL Some cards are like that - with a mind of their own! I used the small red-dot paper from the new Close to My Heart paper pack Jingle and the brand new stamp set Heartfelt Christmas. I made the larger dot paper using Versa Mark on glossy cardstock and sponging ink over it. The colors are Tulip, Black, and White Daisy.

I had a great day today! Mondays are not usually my favorite day - but this one was good because I got a LOT done at work and enjoyed the process very much! Have I mentioned recently that I work with a bunch of wonderful people? I am SO BLESSED!

Hope your week is starting off good, too!
Namaste

8 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Whether for Christmas or Valentine's Day, your card is beautiful! And your big dots match the small ones perfectly. Love the combination.

Glad to hear your Monday was a good one. Mine was, too, for all the same reasons. Have a great week!!

Jeanne said...

LOL, those cards that have a mind of their own. It turned out great!

Glad to hear your Monday was a good one. Here's to a great week!

Laurel said...

Funny! cute card!

Scossie Jane said...

Funny how that happens sometimes, how about a Christmas Valentine - nice card xx

Alanna said...

Your card is great Sharli. Perfect for either holiday.

Julia Aston said...

I love the pinks on this and all the wonderful dots!

Deb Neerman said...

Love this, Sharli! It's perfect for any 'loving' occasion. And I thought I was the only one who made cards who had their own mind!?!

stampmonkey said...

Love your take on the "Christmas" card. ;) Funny how they do take on a life of their own sometimes. It turned out great despite being hijacked. lol

Glad you had a nice Monday...that's one I'm still working on. That and mornings. ;) Hope you have another good one tomorrow!