Monday, August 17, 2009

Inspired by Cibele Glazer


This card was inspired by a similar one on Cibele's blog. I saw it a while ago - but I knew I had a wedding coming up (a co-worker) and Cibele's card was just perfect for this person. My friend's colors are a rich green and chocolate - I used Star Dust stickles in the embossing part of the dress (done on the Cuttlebug). The shape was free-handed.

Monday today - not a bad day, just another dentist day. A crown and a filling. I'm getting better at this dentist thing - I do trust my new dentist. He is amazingly gentle. I came home exhausted from trying to relax (now that sounds odd!) and slept until my face wasn't numb any longer. I will try to get to bed early again as tomorrow will be here before I know it - and I'm one of those unfortunate souls that needs a minimum of 8 hours of sleep.

Here's hoping your Tuesday is Terrific!

8 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh, I love this card and wish I'd seen it before Saturday's shower. So cute!! Love the glittery dress. So cute!! Oops, I said that already. LOL.

A crown in your mouth instead of on your head, huh? As for wearing yourself out trying to relax, I understand completely. Hope your Tuesday is terrific, too!!

Jamie Harder said...

Gorgeous card!!! Definitely one I need to scraplift:-) Hope you have recovered from the dentist!!!

Jeanne said...

Wow! LOVE this card! Makes me wish I knew someone who was getting married, so I could make it. LOL You've done an excellent job here.

I'm so impressed with your perseverance in continuing to go to the dentist, even though it's one of your least favorite things to do. Sorry, though, that it's still such a difficult endeavor. Hope you are feeling wonderful today.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. It's nice to know you appreciate my varied posts. LOL

Laurel said...

What a fantastic card! I love it!

Deb Neerman said...

GREAT card! Perfect for a wedding!

PS ... I ABHOR the dentist ... I'd rather give birth!

Unknown said...

So elegant, Sharli~ hope the recipients love it! Hope that your dental work is done for a while and you can concentrate on great days ahead!

Julia Aston said...

This is just such a wonderful wedding card! I love that dress shape with the embossing - great design!

Cibele Glazer said...

Sharli you did an awesome job! Thanks for the nod. Your work is fabulous.