Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sneak preview - Technique 8/30/09

It's Thursday? Where has this week gone - it was just Monday. I'm calling this a sneak peak at the technique I'll be teaching on Sunday - the technique is stamping on vellum. We'll be making a similar page (6x6) with an embossed flower, over a rustic background, with button, ribbon, and some instructions to help remind us later of how to do it again. I like the effect . . .

I had tried something similar awhile ago embossing on transparencies and was very disappointed at how easily the embossing chipped and fell off of the sheet. Handle the card once or twice and it looked "distressed" in a bad way! LOL The vellum seems much better for this - and while it's "sheer" it's not "clear" so not exactly the same thing. The joy is that it doesn't self destruct!


I met with my boss today - it was our normal once a month thing - but I was so energized by the discussion and inspired by the ideas . . . I couldn't leave until I had it organized enough to come back to tomorrow without fear of forgetting something! I didn't get home until 7:30 and I was at work at 6:30 this morning. L-o-n-g day. So, I'll stop babbling now and go to bed.

Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Love this card, Sharli! I love vellum, too, but don't use it nearly as much as I once did.

Thank you for your sweet birthday wishes. It was a good day.

You're right about the week flying by although there are no complaints from me about Friday. Hope yours is a good one!

Unknown said...

Sharli, the stamping & embossing on vellum made one gorgeous card! I may try this technique for a wedding card I need soon. TFS! Thanks for commenting on my very simple LO (my style is "less is more"). Happy Friday & have a great Sunday workshop!

Laurel said...

Sharli this is gorgeous!

Jeanne said...

Oh goodness! This is soooo pretty! I love the embossed flower on vellum and the colors you chose. Your workshop will be a grand success, I'm sure.

While it's great that you were so energized at work, I hope you have a rejuvenating weekend!

stampmonkey said...

Sharli, this is such a pretty card! LOVE the distressed look and your embossed vellum flower. Hope your workshop went over well --I'm sure your attendees loved the project.

That is a LONG day that you had. Glad it was inspiring for you and that you enjoy your co-workers...makes a big difference in your time spent at work.