Thursday, August 13, 2009

Recycle or Re-use!

One day we were tidying up the nursery cleaning up the office at work and my boss told me to throw out three of these binders because the contents were ancient and no longer helpful. What?! Throw them out!? I asked if I could take the empty binders and re-use them. :-) I like to collect ideas (well, who doesn't?!) and often I print them out and keep them in these binders. I have two volumes now - and it's not always the entire card or layout that I like - sometimes it's just the way someone did something unusual with the edge of the photo (for example) or the way they used an embellishment that I hadn't thought of before.

Keiko enjoyed her day at the SPA - she has the coolest new gray leather pants you've "eva" seen! I love, love, love them! I took photos, of course. The dealership is already getting used to me . . . (tee, hee).

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Love the notebook. I too have notebooks with printed ideas in them. I would be on #4 if I took the time to get a third and fourth. Some of my pages are leaning against the notebooks or laying inside the notebooks and haven't been hole punched and actually put in the notebooks yet. Never thought to cover them before.

Jeanne said...

Love the notebook! I can't believe they were just gonna toss them (well I can, but how unimaginative). I'm glad you rescued and reused them so beautifully.

So, when do we get to see the new "pants"? LOL

Kathi Carlson said...

Your notebook is great! Awesome that you were able to "rescue" the binders. A great way to save ideas!