Monday, August 31, 2009

Birthday (late?)

I love the Game On papers from Close to My Heart - they are so classy - and paired with this fun little elephant (trying to remember something!) it's just enough to make you smile! The inside simply says "Happy Birthday"!

Monday was BUSY! Oh My! But, I'd rather be busy than bored - any day! It's stormy outside (so I probably shouldn't be on the computer) and in the desert, we're usually glad for a storm - especially if it brings some rain (this one is!!!).

I have a return visit to the dentist on Wednesday and am already dreading it. They think they're just re-checking the depths of my pockets (I think they mean in my gums, not my bank accounts - but who knows!?!?). I'm worried about the last crown as I've been on a soft diet ever since (two weeks) . . . so, I'll try to post Wednesday and let you know what happened!


11 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute! Love that sweet little elephant who is perfect with those papers.

It sounds like your Monday matched mine - minus the storm. And yea, I'd rather be busy, too.

Good luck on Wednesday. I know what you're feeling. It'll be OK.

Leslie said...

cute card. Beth Raney-Thomas made a card today with an elephant on it. Did I miss a memo?

Carolyn King said...

this is adorable....
just want to tell you i am saying a prayer for you. I had a crown placed in the spring (my first) and i have another one i have to get and have been putting it off....i feel your pain. I need to get mine done too.
Hugs--good luck!

Deb Neerman said...

Cute card, Sharli! Love that DP!!

Yikes, I dread going to the dentist ... I'm always afraid they're going to find the need for a root canal. I feel your pain, Kiddo!

Maricar said...

First of all, I hope the dentist appt goes well. DH is a dentist, but I DREAD going to the dentist ... not to mention I just got braces over the summer! Ugh.

But, being that I missed two birthdays this past week, your elephant card is inspiring! So cute!

Cibele Glazer said...

Oh my gosh! This is so adorable. I love the string on the trunk. So clever.

Laurel said...

I too love Game on and this is absolutely adorable!

Alanna said...

Cute card. That little elephant looks great paired with the Game on papers. Good luck on Wednesday.

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love your every little detail on the card. Hope your dental appt. goes well for you!

Julia Aston said...

This is so cute Sharli! love that sweet elephant and all your shades of gray DP's on this! I wish you good health at the dentist!!

Jeanne said...

Dang, Sharli...I have missed out on some great artwork from you this week! This is adorable!

Hope your visit to the dentist went well and they weren't trying to dig into your bank account pockets!