Monday, August 3, 2009

Creme Brule and Chocolate!

While playing around trying to replicate Lynn's card (my last post) - I wound up with some experimental pieces and I hate to throw anything away. LOL Since I had all the right colors on the table, it was quick to put this card together!

Today was "round two" in the dental hygienists chair for the scaling and planing. At one point I got what she called an "electro-metallic shock". I'd never heard of it - hope I never hear of it again! Basically, it was like she touched a nerve with her tools. I literally jumped 6 inches - and I had been doing so GOOD with my meditation and Yoga breathing techniques. Before you start feeling sorry for me, I'm ok and the event is over. I'm feeling great and full of energy - not sore at all. I just hope it's like childbirth pain and I forget about it before I have to go back! ;-)

No word on the car yet. Who knew that they would sell-out of all of the cars with this cash for clunker deal?! Hope your day was good and your week just gets better and better.

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

You amaze me again with Creme Brule! Very cute card!! Love the polka dot bird. Great chipboard element, too.

While I've never heard of electro-metallic shock, I know what you're talking about. Not fun, but like you said, it's over.

You have a good week, too!

Lori said...

Oh Sharlie!!!! You hit a nerve with me. I feel for you. You practically have to drag me into the dentist chair. My dentist has told me that he has to take a tranquilizer when he is done with me!!! I am glad that you have recovered. I hope things work out for your card. I love your little bird card. That is one of my favorite sets.

Jeanne said...

Wonderful card, Sharli! I love all the details.

So sorry to hear of your shock at the dentist and am glad to hear you got through it just fine. I haven't had that happen at the dentist, but when they were giving me a spinal for my c-section with Jessica, they hit a nerve and I scared the nurse, I reacted so strongly (an involuntarily). Like you, it was fine and I was able to relax quickly and get on with it. LOL

Alanna said...

What a great card. I love those colors together. I'm glad round 2 is over for you but sorry that you had a bit of a problem there. Yikes.