Saturday, August 8, 2009

Twilight (the color)

This card uses scraps of discontinued papers . . . so I'm sorry that it will be hard to reproduce exactly. It was the cool idea of stitching the pieces together, cutting off a slice to flip around and put on the bottom that I thought you might enjoy. Such an interesting pattern! I'm really happy with the card, and the Twilight paper (base card is the textured cardstock from CTMH) is really prettier in person. Oh, yeah, and the ribbon is really chocolate (not black) and aqua.

To be completely honest with you, I'm having SO much fun reading your ideas about car names that I really hate to tell you that I found her name today. You are so creative - Sheri's suggestion that I name the car after her goats (because they have that "yelling thing" in common) made me nearly spit my coffee all over the monitor! I decided that my Japanese car should have a Japanese name. I lived in Japan as a young child - and some of my most precious memories are of the live-in nanny that I thought was my sister. Her name was Eiko and I adored her! I didn't want to name a car after someone so dear to my heart, but as I was searching Japanese girls names and their meanings, I found the name - Keiko and it means "blessed". Well, that seems just perfect!

So now you know. ;-)

3 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

VERY pretty card!!!!

Maricar said...

The stitching adds a nice touch.
Congrats on the Keiko name!
(And, thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and leaving a comment that made me smile!)

Jeanne said...

What a pretty card! Soft and soothing. Love it!

What a great name for your new baby. I hope you and Keiko have loads of fun together!