Sunday, August 16, 2009

Just one more about the car?

This is the weekly planner page about getting Keiko. It's 9 x 9. I think I've decided to do her album in a 12 x 12 format though. Most of what I've been doing in recent years has been 9 x 9 and some days it feels a little limiting. I love the beautiful patterns that are in the new books (Imagine, for example) and seeing what other people have done with them. My first scrapbook, back in the days when we used LOTS of stickers (LOL) was actually a spiral bound book with heavy craft paper. It was an old-fashioned scrapbook. The theme of the book was Girl Scouts as I was troop co-leader for my daughters troops as she progressed from Brownies through Senior Girl Scouts. Some of the pages are almost embarassing - but I wouldn't change them for the world - they were exactly where we were at that moment. Just part of the history. Oh, but I was going to tell you that a 12 x 12 page in that album didn't even cover the page. There was always an edge of the craft base.

I LOVED Julie & Julia! Now I understand why Lori suggested I name Keiko "Julia" - it really would have been a perfect name! If you haven't seen the movie, I do highly recommend it. I'd like to see it again, and I don't say that very often. Well, off to church - I'm hoping to play in the craft room more this afternoon and then I'll have something more interesting to post for you! Have a wonderful Sunday!

5 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Keiko's "pants" are gorgeous! Such luxury!!! The perfect planner page, too!

Have a great Sunday, friend! Can't wait to see what you create!

Jamie Harder said...

Nice car!!!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful page for your beautiful new car Sharli! I'm dying to go see Julie & Julia - I know anything with Meryl Streep in it is going to be fantastic without even seeing anything about the movie!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new Keiko! Great page! Since I've been gone, you've gone full speed ahead, and I haven't been able to keep up with you. :D What happened to Chloe?

Jeanne said...

What a great planner page! How smart of you to document all the particulars, too!