Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mini-Album

At the Stupendous Stampers unit meeting last Saturday Jen Coleman taught the group a new mini-album. Isn't it GORGEOUS?! Jen is a professional teacher (turned CTMH Consultant) and has a gift for explaining things. We love her to pieces!

This is explained beautifully in a Fabulously Artsy video from Tresa Black's blog. I choose Bella papers for my book. I stole an idea from one of my friends, Jone, and used Annotations for the tops of my tags (isn't that Cool!?) and added Glimmer Mists to dye and add sparkle to the white daisy flowers added to the front. The only thing else I need to tell you is that I used a chalk ink to "age" the edges of the papers and look how they turned out all chalky in the photographs! Who Knew!?!?!? (Remember - one reason for doing the blog was to improve!)

Tough day today. Yoga tonight was amazing - I do love my practice. I am reminded that I can only control myself - not others. I have peace within me, I just need to turn to it. Life is chaotic, but I am not.

Namaste.

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Your mini album is beautiful, Sharli. What a fun project.

Thanks for your sweet comments about my invitations/dress. I'm thrilled with both, which makes for a lot less stress!

Hope today is a better day!

Laurel said...

Oh my gosh that is pretty!

Vicki said...

Sharli, your album is precious! Great colors! Beautiful job! Blessings to you!

Jeanne said...

What a fabulous little mini album. Love the cover! Great job!

I've got to keep reminding myself of that tidbit you shared about only being able to control oneself and not others. Thanks for sharing it!