Sunday, August 2, 2009

Update on Ugh!

You, my dear friends, are so incredibly sweet! I am so lucky to have so many cyber-hugs and phone calls and invites to sleep over! I can't believe, well, yes, I DO believe I am very blessed!

The a/c is repaired. It was expensive (isn't everything?) but the nice repair man left at about 2:30 and the house was already beginning to cool down. Ahhhhhhhhh!

I had all the curtains, lights - anything that made heat turned off (except my computer - you can't expect me to be completely cut off from the world!) - so I threw on the lights and ran into my craft room. I have a card for YOU!


I must confess, it was inspired by Lynn Put. Her card uses different stamps, but I like how mine turned out anyway.

CTMH stamps, inks, and cardstock. I random stamped with little doo-dads from Serendipity, and the bird is from Free Spirit. The itsy-bitsy saying "you're so thoughtful" is from the Solo T set. The gingham check background is one of the retired basic backgrounds that I bought from Kim Burmeister when she was cleaning a few months ago. Creme Brulee and Chocolate (oh gosh! Now I'm getting hungry!)

5 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I'm so glad you got your A/C fixed. Air conditioning in Arizona is as necessary as a furnace is in Minnesota.

Love your card. You do amazing things with Creme Brule!

Speaking of hungry ... LOL. Have a great week, sweet Sharli!

Alanna said...

Gorgeous card Sharli. I'm glad you got your AC fixed. Here's hoping for a better week for you.

Jeanne said...

I'm late to the party and didn't get to express my heartfelt ugh to you about your air conditioning going out. I am relieved to hear that it's fixed now (except for the expensive part) and you won't be melting into a puddle!

Your card is fabulous! There's something to be said for paying a bunch of money to have the a/c working if it helps you produce a wonderful card like this!

Hope the week goes better for you than your weekend has! Good luck with the car hunt!

Lynn Put said...

Your card is wonderful! I love the bird image that you used!
Thanks so much for the link!

Jamie Harder said...

Beautiful card!!!!