Monday, August 10, 2009

Sneak Peak!! Grace

This card was made with one of the new paper packs (Grace) from the Autumn / Winter Close to My Heart catalog - and one of the new stamp sets (Childhood Portrait). I'm very excited about the new catalog (but, I'm always excited about new stamps and paper!).

Let's see, what's new? It seemed cooler here today, but it won't last - we're expecting hotter temps and storms later in the week. Isn't it sad about the typhoon?! I was just speechless at the photos of the mountainside burying an entire village. When I was just a young miss, I lived in Northern Japan. My first year there we were hit by a typhoon and the experience has stayed with me to this day. Not the entire storm, of course, but these bizarre snatches of memory - such as the neighbor's cat standing on the top of our refrigerator and screaming. The cat (and her people) were in our kitchen because their house blew away. You would think I would be afraid of storms, huh. Not really - I guess I know in my heart that I have no control over it - so I just let it go.

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Love your card!! That's a lovely stamp set and beautiful papers to go with it. I just got my complimentary catalog today and have been pouring through it trying to decide what I want most. LOL.

The typhoon is very sad. There's something to be said for the frozen tundra in that we rarely experience BIG storms of any kind. We're supposed to have one hot week before the temperatures cool down again. Summer in a week, I guess. LOL. Enjoy Tuesday, friend!!

Jeanne said...

Ohhhhh so pretty! I can see why you are so excited. *Ü*

I've been absent from most news watching/listening this summer, but I caught a tidbit about this yesterday while making supper. SO very sad. I'm glad you have a good perspective on storms, though, despite your traumatic experience!

Lori said...

Oh. I love this stamp. Can't wait to get it and I love how you used it. That paper is gorgeous. Love your attitude about the storms. We need to embrace that attitude with the storms in ours lives.

Laurel said...

Beautiful, love that stamp!