Monday, April 19, 2010

10 Things that Make Me Happy


I'm thrilled to say that my friend Julie Ranae of Julie's Open Window gave me this sweet award!  What a thoughtful gesture - not at all surprising for Julie!  I am eager to tell you 10 things that make me happy - so let's get started!


1.  I love my daughter beyond belief.  Our relationship makes me happy.


2.  My Mom was such a good parent - although it took becoming one before I knew it.  I am happy that I was so lucky to pick the right Mom.

3.  My church family makes me happy - they are a warm gathering, full of love and just like a real family - with enough weirdness to be interesting!

4.  Being in my church makes me happy - it is a beautiful place that is filled with music and love.
  
5. My work makes me happy - I love what I do and believe in my heart that I help others.
  
6. My creative outlet (stamping especially) makes me happy - I learn so much from YOU and enjoy playing with ink, paper, and scissors (I no longer eat the glue). 

7. Food makes me happy.  Very happy.

8. My home makes me happy - I feel safe here and content.


9. Trees make me happy - trees filled with birds, singing away.  Trees dancing in the sunlight.  Trees reaching up to touch heaven while being firmly grounded on earth.



10. Yoga makes me happy.  Namaste.

6 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Congrats on the Award, Sharli! I admire Julie so much ... and I know you do too ... so receiving it from her makes it even more special.

Hey! Wanna know what makes me happy? Being friends with you!!!

Kathi Carlson said...

I love this post so much even though none of your answers surprised me. Thank you for sharing! It made me happy reading it.

Pauline said...

Congrats on your award, and thank you for your kind comments on my blog, they are very much appreciated.
Pauline xx

Jeanne said...

Lovely award, Sharli and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your happy thoughts.
*Ü*

Julia Aston said...

Well, Sharli! you are just one happy person! sure looks like you look on the bright side of life, have your priorities in order and surround yourself with good things!

Alanna said...

I love awards like this where we can peer into the life of our blogging friends.