Thursday, April 1, 2010

Another "inspired by" card

Happy Thursday!  I actually love this card!  It was inspired by Lisa Johnson of Poppy Paperie here.  I used Close to My Heart stamps and the colors of ink that were out on my work table (Olive, Crystal Blue, and Tulip) with a touch of Parchment for the rug!  The background was stamped using one of the Boutique Borders stamps and then I sponged in some color over the stamped image.  The ribbon is a new w-i-d-e one from Sharon Johnson at her blog here.  It's very light and drapes so nicely!  I want it in every color now.  The inside of the card says "The door is always Open".


It was a BUSY day at work today - then I went over to the hospital for a quick visit with my sister-in-law.  I'm winding down and getting ready for bed-time.  I am super glad that tomorrow is Friday, but already worn out just thinking about how busy I'll be this weekend.  I have lots of commitments (all joyous fun, of course) and will need a good nap by Sunday afternoon.  Now, that couldn't possibly have anything to do with being in a chocolate coma, huh?  ;-)


Have a joyful, blessed weekend dear friends!
Hugs.

8 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I LOVE this card, too!

It sounds like our almost-over workweek and upcoming weekend are similar - busy!

Have a good one, friend!

Deb Neerman said...

Oh, this is just fabulous, Sharli!! Love the stamps and that fabulous DP ... but I'm in serious stamper envy over that luscious ribbon! Yum .. it looks good enough to eat!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Sweetie!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful, Sharli!

It sounds like a busy week is sliding into a busy weekend! As you said, all fun activities, but no rest for the weary either. Enjoy and get that nap in on Sunday! *Ü*

Alanna said...

I know just the card of Lisa's that inspired this most fabulous card. It's wonderful Sharli. Great choice of colors and that sofa is so cute.

Good luck with the chocolate coma this weekend. :)

Unknown said...

So pretty, Sharli! Love the bow and the diagonal paper. Is there a rehab center for chocoholics? I've finished off all the Almond Joys & need to make another trip to the store! Blessed Easter!

Julie Ranae said...

Sharli....you're always so kind to stop at The Open Window and say hi...I hope the tutorial was helpful : )

I love the colors in this project. You cards are always so clean and beautiful !

Julia Aston said...

There's something so welcoming about a comfy sofa isn't there!?! Love your bg stamping on this Sharli and the pretty colors - have a blessed Easter weekend dear friend!

Carolyn said...

Too cute! I love the rug in front of the couch!
Have a blessed day!