Friday, April 23, 2010

Resist technique

This card came about because I had been playing with some negative image stamps (Blossom Blocks from Close-to-My-Heart) trying to perfect my "resist" technique.  As you can see from the shine on the middle block, the image is clear embossed over the patterned paper that has writing on it.  Then, I used Tim Holtz distress inks to color in the parts that were not embossed.  The colors are SO much brighter when they're wet - but the final effect is very pretty.  I used another stamp from the "Lovely Shelf" set - mostly because I needed a card to send something to my darling daughter.  ;-)

Happy Friday everyone!  Thanks for your help with the swap - I did the top card first - wasn't convinced it was right and then made the bottom one.  I think I like it better, too.  I might try blending the two - using the sentiment above the scrunched ribbon and the map / compass detail below?  I'll post it if I try it.  This swap is due next week.  I get so stressed out when the deadline gets close - I am simply not a last minute person!  LOL


Have a delightful weekend!
Namaste.

8 comments:

Laurel said...

It is very pretty!

Jeanne said...

Wow! This is so very pretty, Sharli! Your daughter is sure to love the card!

Alanna said...

Sharli, this is magnificent. THis was one of the first stamp sets I ever owned in acrylic. I love what you've done here. Have a most fabulous day my friend.

Vicki Wizniuk said...

It's very pretty! I think I have that set in my SELL pile.... might just have to keep it a little while longer. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Pauline said...

Love the embossing, a heat tool is on my wish list! Pauline x

Paul B said...

Wow love those embossed images with the resist technique. I'd say you've already perfected it :) Love how you have several layers of images, giving them a visual texture. Px

Carolyn said...

So pretty! love the sentiment!

Kathi Carlson said...

Gorgeous, Sharli. Your daughter will love it!!