Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The famous Julie Ebersole inspired this one!

Julie posted a card recently that just spoke to me - I wasn't sure that it was the colors, but I loved the black, kraft, balance and the flower(s - in her case).  You can see her inspiring card here.

I had a great day at work today - and as I was leaving to go see my SIL this evening, I had a phone call with bad news - she was in emergency surgery.  We're back in the ICU again.  I was able to get some information from the ICU physician (what amazing people!) - but it will take a little time before we know if she'll pull through this one.  It's been a very difficult journey for her.  And for her DD (my niece) in Australia.  Please keep them in your prayers.  Hug your loved ones.  Don't delay - life has strange little twists and turns - you never know.

Love. 

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh this is beautiful, love the flower!

Jamie Harder said...

I love the colour combo:-) and the fun border!! So sorry to hear about your SIL. Hugs to you!

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card, Sharli! I love that color combination.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law and feel so bad for her daughter so far away. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Take care, sweet friend.

Jeanne said...

What a pretty card! I can see why Julie's spoke to you, it's beautiful and you've done a wonderful job with your card.

I'm SO sorry to hear about your SIL. I'll keep thinking good thoughts that she can pull through this extremely difficult journey. I feel so for her daughter being so far away.

Thanks for the reminder that life is short and we've got to embrace it fully.

Hugs!

Alanna said...

Your card is super cute Sharli. I'm going to have to CASE this.

I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL. Prayers are being lifted.

Julia Aston said...

I love that color combo too - and what a pretty flower Sharli!

So very sorry to hear your SIL has taken a turn for the worse... I'll pray that God gives her the strength to face what ever is before her - as well as for yourself too!

Deb Neerman said...

This is simply fantastic, Sharli!!! Love the LO, the DP, and that beautiful flower! So, so pretty ... a perfect thank you card!

So sorry to read of your SIL's complication ... hopefully, she'll be on the mend soon. I'mma prayin' for y'all!