Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ruffles and pleats!

This beautiful card was inspired by Jeanette Lynton, Founder and CEO of Close to My Heart! It uses all CTMH products (except the green ribbon). I had fun learning how to make box pleats with the Buttercup cardstock. It took a couple of tries to get it right, and if I had followed Jeanette's tips (especially about sprinkling water on the cardstock to make it more pliable) I'm certain it would have been easy!

I'm glad it's Wednesday! I've been on a dead-run all week - but it always looks brighter on the down-hill side. I've got some "wicked fun" things to do this weekend (as my DD would say!) - first, a dear-dear friend is graduating with her Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). This is even sweeter because this friend is my age. I cannot for the life of me imagine going back to school at my age and I am bursting with pride for her achievement! Naturally I wouldn't miss getting to be a part of it!

See you again soon -
Hugs!

9 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Ooh, I love this card, Sharli! The colors are so pretty. You inspired me to try those box pleats and be a bit more creative with ribbon. One of these days...

I hope you have a great Thursday and Friday on your way to what sounds like a fun - wicked fun - weekend! Take care!

Laurel said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous!

Carla said...

So pretty!
Fabulous card Sharli!

Rachele Funk said...

So brave! I'm dying to know if you think the look is worth the effort. . . I haven't tried it yet. Looks cool, though! Great job!

Have fun at the graduation. Enjoy her enthusiasm with her!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, this is gorgeous, Sharli! LOVE that ribbon treatment over the box pleats ... such a fabulous eye-catching element!

And I love that stamp ... what's the name of this set? It's so unique ...

And I wanted to mention how nice your coloring is here ... are those new Copic markers?!?

Sending hugs!!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous card, Sharli! I'm intrigued by the box pleats! May have to go check that out. LOL

That is completely wonderful news about your friend! She deserves all the kudos as it cannot be easy to have achieved what she has. What fortitude and perseverance she must have!

Thanks for sharing...don't over do, though!

Carolyn said...

Very pretty! Ribbon is fun! :)

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous Sharli. Love the ruffles

Unknown said...

Awesome pleats--what a pretty card! Kudos to your BSN friend too! Sorry I've been MIA & not recovered from our past weekend of grad party/recitals. Will I ever get back to my studio??? The next best thing is seeing all your beautiful works of art. :)