Thursday, April 8, 2010

Re-stocking my Sympathy cards

I've had such a run recently on sympathy cards that I thought maybe if I tried to get ahead, it would slow down.  Either that, or would you believe I'm kind-of on a sympathy card roll?  Anyhoo - I like how this one came out!  The paper on the left is a scrap of Basic Gray but I don't remember who made the pretty flowers.  Sorry!

The flower stamp is a Close-to-My-Heart (You're so Beautiful) and the sentiment is PTI.  The ribbon is a silk one - so yummy!  I need to buy silk ribbons all the time - they are just so pretty.  The problem is that I have enough ribbon already to circle the earth twice.  

(exaggerate?  me?!)

Tonight I visited my sister-in-law in ICU and was rewarded with a lovely smile!  She is really, really sick - but alert enough to recognize me and know that I'm not one of the people who keep poking her!  Keep your prayers coming - they're working!

Happy Friday dear friends!  I can't thank you enough for your sweet comments and support.
 

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, this is stunning!

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful, Sharli! I love the soothing colors and pretty silk ribbon.

I'm happy to hear your SIL was able to give you a smile and hope there are many more.

You have a good Friday, too.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card, Sharli! While I'm sorry to hear you have had to use many of them, you sure do know how to create them, it's such a challenging type of card to get right. You so get it right!

I'm so happy to hear that your sil was able to recognize you and give you a smile. Let's hope there are many, many more forthcoming.

Have a lovely weekend, Sharli!

mE said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the color combination!!

Inky Smiles!
Erin

Deborah Young said...

Very nice! I can sympathize. I'm almost afraid to make any more as I seem to need them right away.

Deb Neerman said...

Beautiful, Sharli! It's sad to think you have to add to your sympathy card stock, but what a wonderful addition! This is just gorgeous!!

Alanna said...

This is very pretty. I love the soft colors.

I'm so pleased to hear that your SIL recognized you.