Tuesday, April 20, 2010

For a friend . . .

This card was created Sunday after church to send to a dear, dear friend in need of a little love.  The design papers are Basic Gray, the cardstock is New England Ivy and Baby Pink from Close-to-My-Heart.  The stamped images are from the Lovely Shelf set I got by Nina Brackett.  If I hadn't mailed it already (oops!) I might have gone back with my new Copics and done some shadowing!  (can you believe it?  I forgot I had them!)  The vase was stamped twice - once on the base and again, pop-dotted up a little bit.  Perhaps I should have colored the vase, too?  The sentiment inside the card says "Keeping you in earnest prayer".  I'm telling you, it's a lovely set!  (pun was NOT intended - giggle!)

I am SO thankful to be alive!  I feel spring in my steps - joy in the daily activities and am just thrilled by the beauty around me!  I could have gone on and on and on in my list last night!  But there was one thing I really should have included - definitely more than food - possibly more than a safe home - probably more than a pretty church - I am so happy to have YOU my dear blog friends!

8 comments:

Carla said...

Very pretty card Sharli - love it just the way it is!

Kathi Carlson said...

Another beautiful card. And yes, that is a lovely Lovely Shelf stamp set.

You are lovely, too. It radiates from the inside out. Your friendship is treasured as well.

Enjoy Hump Day!

Laurel said...

What a beautiful card, love the pretty papers, your coloring and that ribbon!

Deb Neerman said...

Soooooooo pretty, Sharli! Love it!!

Jeanne said...

Sharli, you have got to be one of THE most positive people around. I so love that about you! Your card is fabulous, but what draws me in more is your incredible spirit.

Thank you for your enthusiasm and positivity!

Alanna said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Sharli. Your friend will love it.

Carolyn said...

So pretty! I'm sure your friend will be thrilled to receive it. It's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

SO pretty--love the sheer ribbon accent! Just want to let you know you're always a bright spot in my day when I make the time to blog-stalk! Hugs!-