Friday, April 16, 2010

Birthday!

This card was inspired by a beautiful thank you card I spied on Laurie Schmidlin's blog here.  I used a "oldie-goldie" stamp from Close-to-My-Heart called "Whoops-a-daisy" for my flowers.  The rest of the details are pretty obvious.

It's Friday and I've turned the corner, I do believe!  Hooray for me!  I ate soup today - and it stayed down.  I truly hope that none of my friends have to live through this "stomach bug" - it's been terrible!  Terrible.  

But that's behind us now.  I plan to take it really easy this weekend.  I need to clean a little bit - my home feels like a sickie has been haunting it ( ! ) and I'm an usher at church on Sunday.  Other than that - quiet work, most likely at the craft table ;-)

Hugs!

11 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card, Sharli! I love the colors and the embossed flowers.

I'm glad you are keeping food, if only soup, in your stomach. It's been a long haul.

Hope your weekend is enjoyable and you get your strength back. Take care!

Unknown said...

Sharli, do get well soon! Enjoy a leisurely weekend with your paper art. Love the card's buttons as daisy centers. So pretty!

Jamie Harder said...

Beautiful card!! I love the embossed flowers and that bow is so pretty!!! Glad you are feeling better!

Carla said...

Very pretty Sharli!!
So glad you're feeling better - enjoy your weekend!!

B said...

So pretty! Love the embossed flowers and the touch of stitching on the corner!

Scossie Jane said...

Great card Sharli - have had a look at your posts while I was away, all stunning - love your work with the copics....

Hope you are feeling better soon...

Hugs xx

Jeanne said...

Glad to hear you are on the upswing from the stomach bug. A quiet weekend of crafting sounds like perfect medicine to me!

Your card is so very pretty! Love the button centers and the pop that the kraft and blue make on the white.

Take care of yourself and hope you are back to 100% soon!

Rachele Funk said...

Sorry to hear you were sick! It certainly didn't slow down your creativity. Namaste!

Julia Aston said...

Glad you are on the mend Sharli! you have to stop getting sick there girl!!! Love the white embossed flowers on the Kraft and the three stitches - beautiful card!

stampmonkey said...

Lovely card, Sharli! I used that same sketch for a guy card not too long ago (though it seems like forever since I haven't stamped in weeks!) -love what you did with it.

So glad you're feeling better. ;)

Deb Neerman said...

This is gorgeous, Sharli! LOVE the white embossing on the kraft card stock!

Sorry to hear that you were battlin' the stomach bug ... that's the worst! Glad you're on the mend now!!

Sending hugs!!