Sunday, April 18, 2010

Get well argyle else? (huh?)

I know I'm not the only one that sometimes struggles with what to name the posts!  Please forgive me for that one!  This card was made and is gone already - off to cheer up a friend!  I like how it turned out!  I was inspired by some argyle paper I'd spotted on another blog - and I realized that with a little work, I could recreate something similar.  I used the argyle stamp from the Close-to-My-Heart Felicity for 2010 National Papercrafting Month and stamped the red dotted lines with a stitch stamp from Circle Around.  The only thing not CTMH was the cute focal image from The Cats Pajamas and the kraft cardstock.

I had a restful day Saturday!  Hooray!  I did laundry, cleaned and nibbled.  I hit a slump in the afternoon and just sat for awhile, but when my energy returned at 7 PM, I was in the craft room until 11 PM making fun things!   I'll save those so I have something to post during the week!  ;-)

Happy Sunday!

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Your card is darling. Great job with the argyle. I wouldn't even know where to begin.
I know what you mean about naming your posts. I am going to have think long and hard from now on. I have been trying to find a post I did of the front of my daughter's wedding album and don't remember what I named it, or when I posted it, so I cannot find it. My computer crashed after I posted the photo, so I don't have a copy on my C drive. I do like what you named your post though. Have a great Sunday and rest of the week.

stampmonkey said...

This is so cute, and I like how you made your own argyle patterned paper --very creative! Funny post title too. ;)

Looking forward to seeing what else you made.

Julie Ranae said...

I feel your pain when it comes to titles of blog posts....when I had my store, we sent out a monthly newsletter for over 5 years and naming our workshops and demo days became really tricky...and sometime, silly : )

Love what you did with this card, Sharli!

Scossie Jane said...

Great card Sharli, love the Argyle pattern - nice work xx

Alanna said...

Super cute Sharli. I love the argyle pattern and that image is just darling. I'm glad you had a good day. Can't wait to see what you show us during the week.

Kathi Carlson said...

So very cute, and you did an awesome job with your argyle! Love the colors, too... well, everything!!

I'm glad to hear you had a good weekend and are feeling better. My weekend was way busy, so I'll have to rest up at work tomorrow. LOL.

Have a good week!

Pauline said...

Love the little penguins and the argyle bg is fab! Pauline x

Jeanne said...

If I were the recipient of this adorable card, I couldn't help but start feeling better. Love it!! Your argyle looks terrific.

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better and look forward to seeing all the fun things you created throughout the week. *Ü*

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, this is soooooooo cute, Sharli! And how clever of you to create the argyle pattern ... this is just the cutest argyle paper!

Julia Aston said...

Very cute get well card Sharli! I'm sure it cheered the receiver right up!