Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Trade Coffee for Gossip?

I've had this stamp set for a couple of weeks and was so excited about it, I actually was describing (in the air, with my hands) the great image and sentiments to a non-stamper friend!  Can you imagine?  She probably thought I'd lost my mind!

I'm actually going to give this card to her tomorrow - it was fun to make - the first "serious" paper piecing card I've done but I love how it came out!  The supplies are from a huge variety of places - this was truly a collaborative effort.  Close-to-my-Heart cardstock and some of the design paper; other paper was Basic Gray, and kraft cardstock from somewhere.  The images are "Coffee? Tea?" from MFT, the ribbon was purchased about 5 years ago . . .

It's Tuesday evening.  I've got laundry in the washer and had a lovely smoked turkey & dried cranberry salad for dinner - it was yummy!  I'm about to pour a glass of wine and address some card envelopes.  It's been a delightful evening - hope your's has been also.

Hugs!

9 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh this is fabulous, I love that image too and the colors you used are perfect.

Kathi Carlson said...

You knocked this one out of the park, Sharli! I love this card. It's perfect. Isn't paper-piecing fun?

Your supper sounds like it was wonderful. It was egg salad and soup for us. Gotta eat those eggs the little guys colored! I've still got one dryer going and then it's off to bed for this girl. Hope you have a great Hump Day!

Deborah Young said...

Ooooh.....love that twill! Awesome job!

Now, what's with you and Kathi and the laundry???? Get to bed, girlfriends!!!

Jamie Harder said...

Love this one! Makes me want to grab a coffee and gab with my girls:-)

Deb Neerman said...

Just fabulous, Sharli! LOVE that stamp and your wonderful paper-piecing!!

Carolyn said...

Such an adorable card!! Love the colors! Love the paper piecing too!
Have a great day!!

Alanna said...

This is great Sharli. Fabulous use of paper piecing. I've got to get some type of coffee themed stamp. I've got a friend who is a coffee freak.

Jeanne said...

Fantastic card, Sharli! You done did good, girlfriend. *Ü*

Your dinner sounds yummy, too.

I love that you share your enthusiasm with others. I'm sure your friend did, too and will appreciate your wonderful card.

Leslie said...

your card is darling. You did an awesome job of paper piecing. love the sentiment.