Saturday, June 19, 2010

Boutique Borders and a Yo-Yo!

This card turned out much better than I thought it would! I created the bottom piece by stamping with the Close-to-My-Heart Boutique Borders stamp set in Hollyhock, Crystal Blue, Honey, and Sweet Leaf. The printed word part is a PTI stamp in Gray Wool CTMH ink. The top piece is a CTMH background that looks like notepaper (Gray Wool again) and punched with the EK Success punch. I made my first ever Yo-Yo. Am I the last person on earth to discover how fun and easy these are to make?? You just cut a circle of fabric (I used a circle Nestie die) and stitch a piece of thread around the outside of the circle. As you pull it, the thing folds in on itself creating this cool "fabric flower". I embellished with a button (to hide the middle stitched part and to make it look more interesting). The pink paper-clip is also a stamp and the yellow piece is a small piece of yellow silk ribbon.

Today was busy but rewarding. My SIL is still improving - and
talking up a storm now! :-) My visits seem to get longer and longer as I just hate to leave her. She actually sent me away today; she was tired. So - it's been a great day! Hope your Saturday was good and you have fun plans for Father's day.

Hugs!

9 comments:

Karen B. said...

There are so many great elements to this card I just don't know what to comment on first. I love your own patterned paper, I didn't think those two panels were stamped! And awesome yoyo flower, you make them sound so easy. Just love everything about this card, and great news about your SIL.

Laurel said...

Wow, this is fantastic! Funny thing, I just made one of those flowers today too - haven't made one since my Girl Guide days!

Alanna said...

What a fabulous card. I can't believe you stamped the bottom with that stamp set. It looks so great.

I love the flower you made too. I think I'd like to try one of those.

So glad to hear that your SIL is progressing nicely.

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely card Sharli! I love the panel you stamped - the colors and designs are just super! and your flower looks great!

so glad to hear your SIL is still improving - God is Good, all the time!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous card, Sharli! One can't tell you stamped the images! They look like pattern paper. Awesome! Love your yo-yo too! I've made a few in my day, but I use a yo-yo maker template (hard plastic) because it helps me keep my stitching even, otherwise it would end up in shapes I don't want. LOL

Fantastic news about your SIL. I'm so so happy for you all!

Unknown said...

Creative Sharli, you've done it AGAIN with a super card! What cool stamping on that bottom section! Keep makin' those cute yo-yos...have you ever seen a yo-yo quilt? Now there's a winter project!!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this card is fabulous, Sharli! I love the yo-yo flower you created ... it looks terrific on your card!!

Ren-Yi said...

hello Sharli - i thought i'd pop over here and say hi. what a lovely creation -- absolutely love the border!

Michele Kovack said...

So pretty! I too love the ribbon flower!