Thursday, June 17, 2010

Splendor in the Sunshine

This card was a recent submission for a card swap - I love how it turned out. I used Close-to-My-Heart Splendor paper, and used Sunshine from the State of Mind stamp set for the focal point. I spied a trick on someone's blog - cutting a partial circle and setting the buttons in a bit, and I just HAD to try it. It was a little challenging with this busy paper to get the full effect. LOL
Another trick was that I used plain natural cotton twill and drew on the Goldrush stitches with a marker. Looks good, huh?! This swap brought back to me some absolutely amazing cards, I'll try to post them over the weekend so you can oooo and ahhhh over them, too. My friends are very talented.

Well, news from my personal life? My SIL has improved enough to be sent for physical torture, oops, I mean physical therapy (rehabilitation)! This is a huge step - and we are just dizzy with joy (at least the family is, I'll find out how my SIL feels about it tomorrow!). This is all about getting her strong enough to go home. I think if we can keep her focused on that, she'll be fine.

Happy Friday - what a long week!
Hugs!

14 comments:

Karen B. said...

Glad to hear things are looking up again for your SIL. And are you serious?..., that is Faux Saddle Stitched Ribbon? What an amazing technique! You've got me fooled, in a good way. Great color combo and composition/balance.

Laurel said...

Beautiful card, and so glad to hear about your SIL.

Carla said...

Gorgeous card!! I was playing with Splendor this evening too and am LOVING this paper!!

Great news about your SIL - best wishes for her continuing recovery!

Kathi Carlson said...

Love your card and your tricks! Every element of the card is perfect. Now to case it!

I am so happy to hear the news about your sister-in-law. I hope her therapy is as easy as it can be and the results send her home.

Enjoy your Friday!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Sharli! Cute button accents!

Deb Neerman said...

This is fabulous, Sharli! You KNOW I love that stamp set {wink}, but I'm lovin' what you've done with the twill and those cute l'il buttons! This looks like a summer day in the garden!

Glad to hear your SIL is doing so well!

Antje said...

Two great ideas (will keep them in mind) -thanks for sharing- and the outcome is a beautiful card.
Glad to hear your SIL is getting better.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This card just makes me smile all over, Sharli. If happiness is what you were intending to convey, you hit your mark splendidly! Awesome creation!

Leslie said...

Clever little tricks to make up a beautiful card. Hope I can remember to incorporate some of them into some of my cards.
Great news about your SIL. My prayers are with her.

Jeanne said...

What a fabulous card, Sharli! I love all the little details and tricks you revealed. They all work together marvelously!

I'm thrilled to hear good news about your sil's progress. With all of us rooting for her, hopefully her therapy will not be quite so strenuous. I can't wait for the day that she gets sent home!

Lisa Stenz said...

I love your card Sharli! It's beautiful! Great news about your SIL. I pray that the PT goes well! *Ü*

Unknown said...

Sharli, what a spendor-ific card! Love your marker stitching and button-backing. What good news about your SIL! Have a great weekend. <><

Anonymous said...

Sharli I love this paper so much I bought the paper packet, the bulk paper too and I have literally used up most of the paper packet and why I purchased the bulk one. I really like Splendor and love the tricks and embellies you used. Good to hear about your SIL and continued prayers are with your family.

Lynn Put said...

Oh I love this cheerful card! The bright colors, flower and buttons look fantastic!