Saturday, June 5, 2010

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge for 6/10/10

I {heart} Waltzingmouse Stamps! I only have two sets, but I love them both dearly and they have seen some ink!! When I saw the sketch for this week's challenge, I saw immediately what I wanted to do with it! The star is lifted on pop-dots, and the circle of design paper in the middle is actually a circle that I just lined up with the piece underneath the navy cardstock piece when I was gluing it down. It looks like I might have cut a circle out of the cardstock. I'll have to remember that trick for the day when the challenge limits the number of layers we're allowed to use! ;-)

The inks and papers are all from Close-to-My-Heart. (Outdoor Denim, Cranberry, and a smidgen of Gray Flannel). Two coordinating punches were used to create the red piece and they are from Stampin' Up! I hope you like it!

21 comments:

Jen Caputo said...

How wonderful is this?!? And I just love that red scalloped border - such a cool technique!

Jamie Harder said...

Beautiful card! Love that star!!!

Laurel said...

This is fantastic!

Laurie Marmon said...

Definitely a great tip when layers are limited. You had me fooled! Great take on the sketch too. I love that star stamp too!

Carla said...

Wow! Beautiful card Sharli!

Leslie said...

That star is beautiful. Love the red and blue. I think I need more punches. The one you used is so pretty.

Jeanne said...

Wonderful card, Sharli. That star is stunning! Excellent work. Thanks for sharing your tips in making it, too. *Ü*

Alanna said...

This is fabulous Sharli. I can see why you love these stamps so much.

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card today, I especially like the pops of red color, and how the star is still the focal image.

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a grand color scheme...it really highlights the beautiful star swimmingly.

Well done!

Jill said...

Brilliant card!

Antje said...

Great card - love how the red makes the whole card pop!

B said...

Fabulous! Love the pops of red!

Julia Aston said...

Super sketch card Sharli!! love the blue and touch of red! So glad you could play with us!!

anya said...

A fantastic card, Sharli! I love your idea to use the star as your focal point. So glad you could join us for this week's challenge!

Ruth M said...

Great card, lovely colour combo with just the right amount of red to really pop!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great take on the sketch.

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card, such a great colour combo. Pauline

Unknown said...

Oh I do love the colours Sharli! and that star is one of my fave stamps! beautifully put together! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

Jennifer Holmes said...

Love your plaid background! Thanks so much for playing along with WMS!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty, love the colors you used, and that star is so beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)