Saturday, June 12, 2010

Honey and Hollyhock

I was inspired by the color combination, in fact, I think I made 3 or 4 things with these colors before I put them away for a few days! The Close-to-My-Heart stamps are called Friendship Blessings, the sentiment is a PTI stamp. The cardstocks are all CTMH. Edited to add: The little sparkles you are seeing are from some stardust stickles. I have to warn you though, the stickles (or liquid glass for that matter) over the Hollyhock ink tends to turn it orange. It was such a small spot on these that the color change isn't obvious but one of the other cards I tried was ruined by the stickles.

Today turned out all topsy-turvey. We've had more medical emergencies in the family. I'm exhausted from the stress of the day and am heading to bed (I do realize it's only 6:30 - but I don't care). I'll try to post tomorrow with a little more energy. I slept 12 hours. I was mentally and physically exhausted. My SIL was transported back to an Emergency Dept. - they were saying surgery but God is good and this morning they have all agreed it isn't needed. My FIL had a heart attack Friday and they did an angiogram yesterday (he lives in northern AZ) so I drove up to be with his wife and hear the doctor's report for myself. Again, we are very blessed. Good news on that front, too. Thank you dear friends. You are such blessings for me!

Namaste.

13 comments:

Leslie said...

love your card. the colors are great. I want to see if I can do something nice with those colors, now.
Sorry to hear about your medical emergencies. Praying all is well for you and yours.

Carla said...

Sharli - this card is gorgeous! What a great color combo!

Sorry about your day . . . hoping tomorrow is better!

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh, I so love what you do with different color combinations. This card is gorgeous! Do I see some pearlized paint on it, too? So pretty.

I'm sorry to hear about your topsy turvy day. Praying all is well with you and yours. Take care.

Lori said...

Such a beautiful and cheerful card. Love those colors and stamp set. Sorry to hear about your day. Hope and pray that everyone gets better.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fresh & fun card Sharli! Surely to brighten someone's day :) Hope you have a better day today!

Jeanne said...

What a lovely color combination! I really like how you used that stamp set too! Very refreshing!

I'm sorry to hear about your topsy turvy day and the medical emergencies. I hope you got a good night's sleep and will be ready to face the day today recharged and right side up again.

Jeanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

Very pretty card!! Hope you had a rested nights sleep!

Karen B. said...

What a beautiful card, sure to brighten someone's day. I'm reading this a day late so I'm glad to hear that your family is doing better, and that you have taken the time to care for yourself as well.

Antje said...

lovely colours and your card turned out gorgeous! I like those sparkles - even you seemed not very happy with them!

Julie said...

Just had to share the love, WOW!!!!! great card.x

stampmonkey said...

Your card is so upbeat and happy (love the sentiment too...it's such a great reminder!) --Friendship Flowers (I think that's its name) is one of my very favorite CTMH sets.

So sorry to hear about all the ups and downs for your SIL, and that you've now had your FIL's condition added to your already-full plate as well. Yes, God is good, and He will sustain you as you unselfishly give of yourself to your extended family in this seemingly long, dark valley. Hang in there, Sharli! And keep listening to your body's needs...you don't want to end up in the hospital too!

BIG hugs and prayers,
Christi

stampmonkey said...

Oops...I just re-read your post and saw that you listed the name of this set (DUH!...not sure where my head was -lol). Glad someone knows what the right name of this set is. ;P