Sunday, June 13, 2010

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #2

I'm so glad I had a few moments to craft today - I wasn't sure it was going to happen this weekend! This card is my entry for the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge, week #2. I used WMS digital paper (the Celtic Squares) in Leaf (seems appropriate for the tree image?!) and the tree is from Paper Tray Ink. I don't have enough of the WMS stamps (YET) but give me time - I'll collect them for sure! Claire Brennan (owner and artist) makes amazing stamps. You really need to check them out if you haven't!

I visited my SIL in the hospital today and talked with my FIL in the hospital on the phone. Both are doing better than yesterday, thank God! I came home with a little sunlight remaining and cut the grass in the coolness of the early dusk. After preparing a delicious meal, I'm ready to face the new week. Hope you had a wonderful weekend and are up to the challenge for the what lies ahead.

Hugs!

11 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a calming effect this card has with the green and the softness of the tree. Beautiful.

Pauline said...

Yes, a lovely serene card, I love the leaf flourish, and the tree image too. Pauline xx

Jeanne said...

I have a feeling you sure could have used a quiet moment underneath that gorgeous tree after the day you had before. What a beautiful and calming card that is. Wonderful work.

I am SO glad to hear that in the end things are better than they were with your SIL and FIL. When it rains, it pours. You must have been exhausted to sleep 12 hours!

I hope your week goes much more smoothly than your weekend has! Hugs!

Antje said...

What a peaceful scenery - love the tree and nice BG paper - yes - fits very well.

Deb Neerman said...

Beautiful, Sharli! Very serene and lovely.

Jamie Harder said...

Beautiful card! Love that tree and all those adorable buttons:-) Have a wonderful week!

Julia Aston said...

Great job on the sketch Sharli! love that tree, your celtic DP and the pretty buttons! Glad to hear all the patients are doing well- and sounds like you had a nice calming evening!

Kathi Carlson said...

Is there anything prettier than a tree? Love this card, Sharli!

whoistracy said...

This is beautiful! I love that tree image you used.

B said...

Fabulous card! Love the texture from the felt and the strips! So cool!

Lynne Phelps said...

Love all the different textures, very organic! This tree image is a favorite, on my own PTI wish list!