Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cased from Christina Fischer!

While I'm on a "casing" roll here, let me share the card I made that looks like this one by Christina Fischer of Flowers and Ink. I had some music paper (actually, it's a roll of gift wrap!) and the script paper is from the new Passages (Close-to-My-Heart) papers. I didn't have the same embossing template, so made do with the swirls (I still love this one!). The sentiment is PTI - it's the most "stained" stamp in that set (Out on a Limb Sentiments)!

Sadly, I need not just one, but two sympathy cards this week. One is for a friend who lost a grand baby - very sad; the second is for a co-worker who lost her horse - also very sad. So, I've got one ready - better go make a second one, huh.

Thanks again Christina for the beautiful card idea!

Work was terrific today - I had such a good weekend that I was energized and ready to go back! I went to Yoga practice this evening - and all is right in the world again. On another note, I've been trying to practice portion control (food) and so had a yummy serving of lemon chicken left-over. It was delicious warmed up and required no work! I think I can grow to love this portion control business if it means I don't have to cook as often! LOL

Can you believe it? Tomorrow is Wednesday! YaHoo!

Namaste.


8 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh this is beautiful!

Karen B. said...

This is lovely, wonderful choice of colors and elements.

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card. Brilliant idea to use gift wrap.

Hope your day is wonderful!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card. Too bad you need them, but wonderful you found such a lovely design to case and make it a smidge easier.

Hope the rest of your week goes fabulously!

Deb Neerman said...

Just fabulous, Sharli! LOVE this great
color combination, too!!

Stinks that you need sympathy cards though ...

Julia Aston said...

Very pretty design Sharli! love the colors and punched edges - sorry that you need sympathy cards - these are sure to bring comfort to the receivers though!

Alanna said...

Gorgeous card. Sorry to hear that you needed 2 sympathy cards this week.

Good luck with the portion control. I've also been doing that for the past 2 1/2 weeks along with cutting out the treats. Hard work but I am seeing some results around my waistline.

Have a fabulous Thursday.

Christina Fischer said...

I'm so glad you liked my card -- yours turned out beautifully! Sorry you needed it for such a sad occasion.