Thursday, June 10, 2010

A check protector

My DD asked for something she could slip between her new duplicating checks (I forget their real name - but you KWIM). I made this tag; it's stamped with sunflowers (because they are her favorite flower). The stamp set is a retired Close-to-My-Heart one - a classic, a favorite for all time. The sentiment in the center was picked up on a great sale at Joann's and while the saying is wonderful, the stamp quality leaves a lot to be desired. The frame is a CTMH one that was a stamp-of-the-month last year. I made the tag intentionally JUST ONE LAYER so she can write over it! It fits into an extra wide bookmark sleeve that I just trimmed of to the correct length. I hope she likes it! I haven't heard yet if it arrived on the scene . . . (hint, hint)

Today was a v-e-r-y long day! I was at work before 6:30 AM and left work after 6 PM. I'll be going off to bed in a few minutes and am happy that tomorrow is Friday! What's new in your world?!?

10 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

What a beautiful checkbook cover! You really made this work!

Thanks so much for coming by The Open Window....it's always lovely to hear from you : )

Laurel said...

This is fabulous and what a great idea!

Deb Neerman said...

This is gorgeous, Sharli!

And just think, you're DD will think of you every time she writes a check! You're a v-e-r-y clever Mom!!

Have a fabulous weekend, Sweetie!

Karen B. said...

This is beautiful! Don't you wish sometimes your favorite stamp company could just pick up a design and recreate it with their supplies so the quality is better? Although it really looks great here, and I hope your daughter loves it!

Carolyn said...

How pretty! What an awesome reminder to read everyday!

Jeanne said...

So very pretty Sharli! I'm sure your daughter will love it. That sentiment is a beauty, too. Good one to remind us to do things in a positive way.

My goodness you had a long day. I hope you were able to snuggle down and sleep soundly to recoup your energy and enthusiasm!

Kathi Carlson said...

This will be perfect to use with her duplicate checks and SO pretty, too. Your DD will love it. That's a great sentiment, too. And no, all stamps are not created equal. Bummer.

I hope you are all rested up and ready for the weekend by the time you read this. My workweek ended on kind of a wild note, too, with lots waiting for me to do on Monday. I plan to take it easy for a couple of days. Hope you do, too.

xiumaiyuki said...

What a beautiful checkbook cover!! I need to get me some clear cover so I can start customizing mine. Thanks for the inspiration!

Julia Aston said...

What a great gift for your daughter Sharli! I love those sunflowers - you've colored them so bright and pretty!

We're cleaning the house and yard today (in between the rain showers) as Kent's sister is coming tomorrow to stay with us for the internment and celebration of life of their mother on Monday. A sad occasion because Marjorie was a truly lovely lady and we will miss her - but also happy because she was ready to go and we are so glad she did not suffer very long.

Hope you got some rest after your long work day!

Unknown said...

LOVE your check protector & the stamped sentiment! Your DD will be thrilled with this practical, pretty surprise. What a great stocking stuffer these would make! Thanks for sharing all your creativity, Sharli! <><