Monday, June 14, 2010

Cape Cod

This stamp set made me think of a dear friend that recently moved to Cape Cod from Arizona. She has a large white dog - and loves to walk the beaches and boardwalks. The entire time I made the card I was thinking of my sweet friend and memories from when she lived here, in Arizona. I will mail it in the morning with a little note and a current photo from "home". I know her new home is suiting her to a "T" but we still miss her here.

Who's That Girl stamps, with PTI pattern paper and kraft cardstock. The white card base is CTMH White Daisy. The clothing and dock were paper pieced.

It was an interesting Monday that kept me late at work tonight. So, no visit to my SIL today. I'll go tomorrow after work. I've enjoyed relaxing this evening visiting my blog friends - you have been VERY creative lately! How FUN! I'm going to play in my room for a little while before bedtime.

Namaste.

9 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

How adorable is this card?!!

Thanks so much for coming by The Open Window and sharing your thoughts...you make each post worthwhile : )

Carla said...

Very cute!! What a great stamp!

Jeanne said...

I just love creating something where the entire time I am working on it, I am flooded with thoughts of the recipient! This card definitely shows the joy you feel about your friendship, Sharli. It's just wonderful! Your friend will surely love and appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Have a great day!

Deb Neerman said...

This is fabulous, Sharli! Love the paper-piecing and that terrific stamp ... what a wonderful card for your friend!!

Carolyn said...

So cute!! Love the image! I'm sure your friend will love it!

Alanna said...

What a fabulous card Sharli. I love the way you've done that cute image and the shading.

Nancy Ball said...

Sharli, this is a great card. I love how clean, crisp, simple and yet elegant it is. I'm going to have to try to play in my workshop tonight!

Kathi Carlson said...

Another awesome card! Love the colors you used with the kraft. While they aren't everyone's cup of tea, I love the "Who's That Girl" line!

Unknown said...

YOU have been so productive! What a pretty card! You're so very thoughtful & I'm sure your friend will treasure this. <><